New from Northern Arizona

steveaqha

Reaction score
planning a trip to Free state South Africa for next June with my son in law and two grandkids with Lungile Safaris. We won auction on hunt at the Northern Arizona Elk Society dinner and auction for planes game, each of us for two animals. Would like to add a couple animals but definitely unsure on what to expect, cost for shipping trophies back to state's, gun choice. Have used a .270 here in the states for decades taking everything from coyotes to elk so a possibility or maybe move up in caliber.
Thanks for add and hope to learn alot.

my wife is a surgical nurse in Cottonwood, she was born and lived for year's in Showlow with 3 son's in Snowflake and daughter in Flagstaff. We live in Rimrock and I am originally from the Ozarks of Missouri.

:S Welcome:

Start reading on the subjects of your choice. There are plenty of answers here.
Welcome to AH.

Welcome to the site, you can get information overload here fairly quickly.

What two animals were in the package?

What animals would you really like to shoot?

I looked at their price list and it doesn't look too bad for your extra animals

Welcome to the site, you can get information overload here fairly quickly.

What two animals were in the package?

What animals would you really like to shoot?

I looked at their price list and it doesn't look too bad for your extra animals
Would love a Kudu but most possibly a Zebra.

Attachments

• 20240714_093256.jpg
    20240714_093256.jpg
    6 MB · Views: 15
Good day! Welcome to AH! Enjoy the planning and counting the days!
Best regards
Johan

Welcome, enjoy the hunt and this site. Tons of information here!

Welcome! I'm new around here, too, and just returned from my first safari (Eastern Cape, SA). This place is a fantastic wealth of information and will help you tremendously as you plan - I found it invaluable. Enjoy the planning!

Welcome from southeastern AZ!

This is great site for all kinds of info.

Definitely add some animals. We just got back from our first trip over. Like you we did an auction hunt. My daughter an I added plenty of animals so plan a budget and then go. My daughter’s package was for a Zebra, Impala, and springbok. Mine was for a Blue Wildebeest, Impala, and warthog. My daughter added a steenbok and a blesbok. I let my son (who went along as an observer) shoot my blue wildebeest, then added a kudu, Nyala and porcupine. I also let my son shoot a warthog.

The zebra are beautiful I would highly suggest adding one. Also don’t overlook duiker and steenbok. They are relatively inexpensive and are beautiful in their own right. Blesbok are another inexpensive add on along with warthog. And who doesn’t want a Kudu!

Welcome from North Texas. A group of us are gone 8/10/25. Information overload is a correct statement. If I’ve thought about it, I’ve read about here. what are the animals did the trip come with? Could you trade those for the Kudo?

Thanks! I will definitely be learning all I can!
I definitely want to add a zebra and open to other's, kudu is a classic. I'm sure my son in law will be adding animals especially with his boy's. Am thinking of taking either a .270 or 6.8 western for myself and even thinking about taking my bow along ‍♂️.
I worry more about getting them back home..lol

Welcome to AH!

Welcome from southeastern AZ!

This is great site for all kinds of info.

Definitely add some animals. We just got back from our first trip over. Like you we did an auction hunt. My daughter an I added plenty of animals so plan a budget and then go. My daughter’s package was for a Zebra, Impala, and springbok. Mine was for a Blue Wildebeest, Impala, and warthog. My daughter added a steenbok and a blesbok. I let my son (who went along as an observer) shoot my blue wildebeest, then added a kudu, Nyala and porcupine. I also let my son shoot a warthog.

The zebra are beautiful I would highly suggest adding one. Also don’t overlook duiker and steenbok. They are relatively inexpensive and are beautiful in their own right. Blesbok are another inexpensive add on along with warthog. And who doesn’t want a Kudu!

Welcome from North Texas. A group of us are gone 8/10/25. Information overload is a correct statement. If I’ve thought about it, I’ve read about here. what are the animals did the trip come with? Could you trade those for the Kudo?
This is our animal list, my understanding is cannot exchange animals so Kudu would be extra along with Zebra.

Attachments

• 20240714_093256.jpg
    20240714_093256.jpg
    6 MB · Views: 8

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DianaKerry

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg
cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's
ghay wrote on professor's profile.
Hello,
Would you consider selling just the Barnes 235's and 250g TTSX's?