New Double Rifle Build

Which stock blank would you choose?

• Total voters
I had a long conversation with the USA Heym rep (took three weeks and 2 voicemails before they called me back). I had written questions for myself to ask so I wouldn't forget anything. I took notes. I was clearly a very interested potential customer.

Early in the conversation, and without really asking me a lot of questions about myself or my goals, he went straight to a pretty steadfast declaration that the 450/400NE was the right choice for me. I made it clear that I was really interested in hunting elephants and I wasn't completely comfortable with the 450/400NE for that purpose. I get it, it's adequate, bullet placement, yada, yada, yada. But I'm not particularly recoil-sensitive and I really prefer to lean more towards "authoritative" than "adequate."

We left our conversation by him saying that he was going to check on some items I had asked questions about and get back to me. I never heard back from him again. I don't know if he lost my number, or if he just didn't like me asking too many questions, or he just wanted to sell me the caliber he wanted to sell me, or what. In truth he just sort of ghosted a very engaged, very interested potential customer who was standing there with checkbook in hand, I really have no idea why.

I now have a Westley Richards 470NE Fixed Lock on order, and I suspect that in the long run I'll be happy with that decision. They were absolutely delightful to deal with, exemplary communication, made me feel like the most important customer in the history of the firm (I'm clearly not, LOL), and their quality and reputation speaks for itself. And I think the 470 will be more appropriate for my intended use. No shade on Heym and those who use and love them; they have a great reputation and are obviously great doubles. But a Westley Richards double gun is a dream that I never thought I would wake up to, and when the chance presented itself, I pounced. Their outstanding "customer relationship management" made the decision even easier.
I have always said customer service goes a long way, this is a perfect example. And a new WR double on order man that's exciting! What's the build time looking like? Cant wait to see a thread on this.

I had a long conversation with the USA Heym rep (took three weeks and 2 voicemails before they called me back). I had written questions for myself to ask so I wouldn't forget anything. I took notes. I was clearly a very interested potential customer.

Early in the conversation, and without really asking me a lot of questions about myself or my goals, he went straight to a pretty steadfast declaration that the 450/400NE was the right choice for me. I made it clear that I was really interested in hunting elephants and I wasn't completely comfortable with the 450/400NE for that purpose. I get it, it's adequate, bullet placement, yada, yada, yada. But I'm not particularly recoil-sensitive and I really prefer to lean more towards "authoritative" than "adequate."

We left our conversation by him saying that he was going to check on some items I had asked questions about and get back to me. I never heard back from him again. I don't know if he lost my number, or if he just didn't like me asking too many questions, or he just wanted to sell me the caliber he wanted to sell me, or what. In truth he just sort of ghosted a very engaged, very interested potential customer who was standing there with checkbook in hand, I really have no idea why.

I now have a Westley Richards 470NE Fixed Lock on order, and I suspect that in the long run I'll be happy with that decision. They were absolutely delightful to deal with, exemplary communication, made me feel like the most important customer in the history of the firm (I'm clearly not, LOL), and their quality and reputation speaks for itself. And I think the 470 will be more appropriate for my intended use. No shade on Heym and those who use and love them; they have a great reputation and are obviously great doubles. But a Westley Richards double gun is a dream that I never thought I would wake up to, and when the chance presented itself, I pounced. Their outstanding "customer relationship management" made the decision even easier.
Congratulations…having owned 450-400, 470 and 500 I settled on the 470. Just curious what was the build time they quoted you?

Sorry to hear about Heym. Poor customer service really is a shame. I’m sure your Westley Richards will be beautiful. Congratulations and please post pictures when you receive it!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StarMajors

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Shaker Crew | Kids Sweatshirt
https://www.braveactiveco.com/products/knit-sweatshirt
Comfortable and premium quality Knit Sweatshirt. Our Knit Sweatshirt is crafted with our exquisite recycled fabric, ensuring a soft and lightweight feel.
John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia