New American Hunting Rifles (AHR) .416 Rigby $5,500

First time I've seen an American Rifle Company gun. Nice looking and it has a few unusual features I like. The left thumb loading groove at back end of receiver and unobtrusive bolt release lever are sensible. The trigger guard is quite sturdy. As far as I can tell the floorplate is solid? Just as well in my opinion. Hinged floorplates are just something to go wrong.

First time I've seen an American Rifle Company gun. Nice looking and it has a few unusual features I like. The left thumb loading groove at back end of receiver and unobtrusive bolt release lever are sensible. The trigger guard is quite sturdy. As far as I can tell the floorplate is solid? Just as well in my opinion. Hinged floorplates are just something to go wrong.
I don't have much to compare by, or experience with the big names, etc. But that AHR is the finest bolt I've owned. (Even though it's a bad fit for me), I've never pulled a more refined single stage trigger?, remarkably accurate ..

Just a thought.

New and flawless .416 Rigby. Has remained unfired since it left AHR. 23” barrel and 13.75” LOP. I usually shoot 14.25” but for some reason this feels great as is. I do have a new red 1.5” NECG pad I will include with the rifle. Would bring LOP to right at 14.25”. I have used this pad on other AHRs and they look and function great.

Obviously built on CZ 550 with clean billboard (no CZ markings). Very nice wood and wood and metal are without flaws. Straight grain through the wrist. Holds 4 down. Straightened handle, AHR trigger and 3-pos. safety.

Here is the kicker. I disdain shipping guns. I am in Austin, Texas and travel to the metroplex and Houston frequently. I would really like to sell in person.

Great rifle, I just have no need for it. My wife busted me cleaning rifles a couple weeks ago in the kitchen and accurately noted the addiction was out of control. I may add another one or two after this one goes. Will throw in a box of new factory Barnes 400 gr. TSX to get you started.

View attachment 603773View attachment 603774View attachment 603775View attachment 603776View attachment 603777View attachment 603778View attachment 603779View attachment 603780View attachment 603781View attachment 603782View attachment 603783

New and flawless .416 Rigby. Has remained unfired since it left AHR. 23” barrel and 13.75” LOP. I usually shoot 14.25” but for some reason this feels great as is. I do have a new red 1.5” NECG pad I will include with the rifle. Would bring LOP to right at 14.25”. I have used this pad on other AHRs and they look and function great.

Obviously built on CZ 550 with clean billboard (no CZ markings). Very nice wood and wood and metal are without flaws. Straight grain through the wrist. Holds 4 down. Straightened handle, AHR trigger and 3-pos. safety.

Here is the kicker. I disdain shipping guns. I am in Austin, Texas and travel to the metroplex and Houston frequently. I would really like to sell in person.

Great rifle, I just have no need for it. My wife busted me cleaning rifles a couple weeks ago in the kitchen and accurately noted the addiction was out of control. I may add another one or two after this one goes. Will throw in a box of new factory Barnes 400 gr. TSX to get you started.

View attachment 603773View attachment 603774View attachment 603775View attachment 603776View attachment 603777View attachment 603778View attachment 603779View attachment 603780View attachment 603781View attachment 603782View attachment 603783
Is this rifle still available? I’m in Columbus, TX

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoesphBequ

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg
cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's
ghay wrote on professor's profile.
Hello,
Would you consider selling just the Barnes 235's and 250g TTSX's?