New .275 Rigby

Last edited by a moderator:
I am a big fan of vintage British rifles and I have an original early transitional action 275 John Rigby. I have acquired a few different vintage English guns over the years and they are pleasant in your hands as well as fun to shoot.
Rigby-1.jpg
Rigby-2.jpg
rigby-3.jpg
Rigby-4.jpg
Rigby-5.jpg
Rigby-6.jpg
Rigby-7.jpg
Rigby-8.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I am a big fan of vintage British rifles and I have an original early transitional action 275 John Rigby. I have acquired a few different vintage English guns over the years and they are pleasant in your hands as well as fun to shoot.View attachment 197454 View attachment 197455 View attachment 197456 View attachment 197457 View attachment 197496 View attachment 197497 View attachment 197498 View attachment 197499
this is a nice rifle , looks like an early rebarreled. 275 high velocity conversion from a 175 grain 7mm , what is the serial number and the mauser number ??

Last edited:
My old Rigby .275 is a four-digit serial number of 12x9.
do you know its been rebarreld by rigby to 275 hv and that it was originally a 7mm 175 grain ,do you have a printout of the original ledger ? it was built as the front ring states 1898 on a transition action mauser number is most likely very low 2 or 3 digits. not sure how much you dig into this stuff, I know I do

Last edited:
I collect them , you could call rigby and for about 75 dollars you will receive a document from the ledger stating when the gun was built and for whom , Steve Bignell at rigbys will help with this , the address on your barrel is the later address coupled with the fact its a high velocity that didn't come out till about 1908 means it was rebarreled which is not abad thing I just bought one like it and recently finding this out , its the reason why there isn't a serial number on the barrel as well as the action ,

The .275 Rigby has a serial number on the bolt handle, which I believe is the last three numbers of the original Mauser serial number. The Rigby serial number is on the bottom of the trigger guard. At some point I will contact Rigby to gain a little information on the rifle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testors

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!