booker

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
South Africa, Brazil, Argentina, Canada, Mexico, Belize, Spain and USA
I am looking for suggestion on what hearing protection I should get. I currently have Walkers ear muffs and regular foam plugs. What I am looking for is bullet pointed below. Please let me know what to look at and what to stay away from.
  • Inexpensive No more than $300
  • Bluetooth
  • Shot cancelation tech
  • sound amplification
  • not bulky (not hindered by a rifle stock)
  • Can be used everyday
:W M16::W Sniper::W Rocket Launcher::W Dynamite:

You might want to check out Axil's Ghost Stryke Extreme. MSRP is $199 but you can find deals on them that will bring the price down to the $130 range.

I have a set but haven't used them for shooting yet. I have worn them moving the grass while listening to podcasts.

I have the Noisefighters upgrade for Walkers, and they are much more comfortable than the standard ear pieces. It's weird to pay more for the pads than the entire Walkers cost new, but worth the upgrade, especially if you wear prescription or safety glasses. They make wearing muffs for a long time far more comfortable. We had $700+ coms-integrated ear pro in the military, and the Noisefighters make the $50 Walkers just as comfortable.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-08-21 at 9.23.33 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-08-21 at 9.23.33 AM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 55
  • Screen Shot 2022-08-21 at 9.23.40 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-08-21 at 9.23.40 AM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 58
  • Screen Shot 2022-08-21 at 9.23.43 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-08-21 at 9.23.43 AM.png
    620.8 KB · Views: 52
I am using the Walker's Silencer Bluetooth Rechargeable Electronic Ear Plugs. Think this specific model has been discontinued, but I would expect the newer version would work just as well. The only box on your list they wouldn't check is the sound amplification. I bought some aftermarket tips as the ones that came with them were a little hard and uncomfortable for prolonged wear, but with the new tips they are quite comfortable. They don't knock the sound down as well as the moldable plugs I have, but you can carry on a conversation with the Walkers, where the moldable pair make that difficult. The recharging case held up for a week long elk hunt. Recoil hasn't knocked one out of my ears yet either.
They are pretty straightforward to use, and the Walker app for them makes it simple to control volume and settings. Work well as regular earbuds if you want to listen to something while working with noisy equipment. I'll buy another set when these eventually fail, or more likely for me, get lost.

Check out the Isotunes Caliber. I have the Sport Advance but it's corded. The Caliber are cordless, bluetooth, enhances ambient sounds, and blocks loud noises like gunshots.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
francisgriffin2

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia