Member of
SCI, RMEF, NRA, DSC, NWTF, DU
Hunted
USA(KY,MO,TN,TX) South Africa, New Zealand
Who: My wife,@DeadEyeDickless, and myself
What: Hunt bought at Kentuckiana SCI chapter banquet
When: May 31-June 13
Where: Afrihunt Safari near Otavi Namibia
How: Delta- Louisville to Atlanta to Johannesburg overnight at Africa Sky then Airlink to Windhoek. Travel arranged by Jennifer@Travel Express

As always couple hiccups along the way, 2 hour delay in Atlanta, worst airline food ever, and a less than friendly and efficient police officer in Windhoek but all in all not bad. Dewald our PH for the week met us at Windhoek, helped us with luggage and guns and drove us the 4 hours or so to the lodge. Met our hosts, Justus PH, and his wife, Karla who runs the lodge. Drink was served while our luggage was taken to our room. Quick freshening and then dinner under the stars. Ate outside each night with adjacent fire. Coals could be placed under your seat if it was too cool.
Next morning rifle check, quick tweak, and we’re off. The package we bought included 2 kudu, 2 impala and 2 warthogs. It was for 2 hunters and 2 observers but stepdaughter and her BF decided not to join us. We had list of extra animals, some we were able to hunt and couple more that we could not.
Rather than go day by day I will just state it was a great time. Dewald and our tracker, Bonnie, were hard working and fun to be around.
The hunting included 3 different properties including the primary one where lodge was situated. Varied terrain, hills, some open areas and lots of very dense bush. We used spot and stalk when possible, some sitting at waterholes and a couple shots from the bakkie.
It was a very good trip, didn’t get an eland but that’s a great reason to go back. After reading about auction hunts and the varied experiences we weren’t sure what to expect. Have to say this was excellent. Food was delicious, Kafue lechwe filets were absolutely amazing. Eland steak was like beef. Ate giraffe brisket done “Texas” style. The staff were all friendly and attentive. Accommodations were clean and spacious. Our hunt overlapped several days with a Texas couple who had been there a dozen or so times over the years. They were loads of fun at the dinner table.
Thanks for reading, I’ll post more pictures.
IMG_1003.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0465.jpeg
    7 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0922.jpeg
    6.5 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0972.jpeg
    4.7 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1019.jpeg
    6.6 MB · Views: 15
Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations.
Thanks for sharing your tale.

Some nice critters, well done all around. Thanks for posting.

Congratulations, looks like you had a great hunt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safarigear

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg
cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's
ghay wrote on professor's profile.
Hello,
Would you consider selling just the Barnes 235's and 250g TTSX's?
Hunt27 wrote on Tra3's profile.
Spain, i booked through a consultant, i book almost everything through him now and he's done me right. his contact 724 986 7206 if interested and he will have more info to share,
I hunted elephant with Luke Samaris in 2005. It was my fourth safari and I tell you he is a fine gentleman the best. I got the opportunity to meet Patty Curtis, although never hunted with him but enjoyed our conversation around our tent in the Selous. Very sad for a tough guy to leave this world the way he did. Let’s pray the murderers are caught. I hope to see Luke in Nashville.