Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
sci int, basc,wpaz
Hunted
zambia, tanzania, zimbabwe,Mozambique ,hungary, france, england
This is outrageous as far as the price.

I think in the near future your going to see many govt fees go up.

Not all fees not all countries. I know what .Zim. Did to us on gun licenses and that was after 2 months or longer of no licenses issued. Not your visitors ours. There was a good chance that if you were using a rental gun that license may have been expired although the license was sent in before expiration. In our case we sent in $900.00 today we sent them an additional $1,500.00.

This is a reciprocity issue
They saying if namibians have to pay to get a visa to go to thes cou tries then why should those cou tries citizens enter namibia visa free? Seems pretty fair statement
Visas earn huge $ for tourism
As a SA citizen if i want to go to EU it costs me $95

No visa was required to enter the uk from Namibia but on the 19 july 2023 this was revoked as since 2016 when no visa was required the number of of namibians arriving in the uk and claiming asylum had increased substantialy.

Alaska is looking more attractive as a hunting destination every day. Very sad.

The Namibian Ministry of Home Affairs, Immigration, Safety and Security has announced a significant update to its visa policy for international visitors. Starting from April 1, 2025, nationals from 31 countries will be required to obtain a visa upon arrival in Namibia.

The objective of this new policy is to foster equitable and impartial diplomatic ties with nations that have not returned Namibia’s hospitality to its citizens.

1723735969290.png

When I travel international, whether for leisure or hunting, visa cost has never been a budget item when I'm spending thousands of dollars on airfare, hotels, meals, hunting days / trophies, etc. If those countries listed are charging Namibians why shouldn't Namibia charge those of us that travel there?

85 dollars? Really?

A 3 day non resident hunting or fishing license in Alaska is $190 usd. Go check the 7 day…
I'm concerned about other deteriorating factors. The bullshit over gun licensing is very concerning. I think we all know the real reason behind that. Black governments are losing control because they simply are not interested in governing. Or just plain incapable. The pot is going to boil over. Autocrats are setting up scapegoats and ensuring they are defenseless. In South Africa thousands of police weapons go missing every year (onto the black market) and the answer is to hold up outfitter gun licenses indefinitely.

Western governments impose visa fees as a marginal deterrent to third world illegal immigration. Also to help pay for enforcement. Does Namibia have a problem with western nation illegal immigration? I seriously doubt it. They need to be encouraging western visitors/immigration, not discouraging it. I suspect Namibia may indeed have issues with illegal immigration (asylum seekers) from other African nations, but they have chosen to do nothing about that. In fact African nations are excluded from paying visa fees. Makes no sense. Don't fix what is broken, just screw with what works.

I'm concerned about other deteriorating factors. The bullshit over gun licensing is very concerning. I think we all know the real reason behind that. Black governments are losing control because they simply are not interested in governing. Or just plain incapable. The pot is going to boil over. Autocrats are setting up scapegoats and ensuring they are defenseless. In South Africa thousands of police weapons go missing every year (onto the black market) and the answer is to hold up outfitter gun licenses indefinitely.

Western governments impose visa fees as a marginal deterrent to third world illegal immigration. Also to help pay for enforcement. Does Namibia have a problem with western nation illegal immigration? I seriously doubt it. They need to be encouraging western visitors/immigration, not discouraging it. I suspect Namibia may indeed have issues with illegal immigration (asylum seekers) from other African nations, but they have chosen to do nothing about that. In fact African nations are excluded from paying visa fees. Makes no sense. Don't fix what is broken, just screw with what works.
Now you are talking about South African politics?

Jeez you can spew out of your mouth - let me know how your Alaska hunt goes!

Best

Now you are talking about South African politics?

Jeez you can spew out of your mouth - let me know how your Alaska hunt goes!

Best
African politics in general are making hunting there less desirable every year. That should have clarified it for you.

Enjoy hunting buffalo and kudu etc in Alaska

Enjoy hunting buffalo and kudu etc in Alaska
Caribou is the attraction now. I have three kudu and two buffalo on the wall. Alaska has dangerous game too, though I'm not much interested in shooting bears. I'm becoming more concerned that hunting in Africa may result in having to shoot the two legged dangerous game. Not interested in killing someone's kid even if he deserves it. Been on the receiving end of that grief.
IMG_1349.webp

I'm not ready to call it quits in Africa yet, but the way things are going the future is not looking promising. Bird hunting here is, fortunately, still accessible and affordable. Won't get me a big set of horns for the wall but I filled that unnecessary necessity fifty years ago. A drop off DYI caribou hunt in remote Alaska is sounding better all the time. I did live up there for a bit. Being remote would be a welcome change from this rat race. No one to wash my clothes every day or blow smoke up my arse when I make (or miss) a shot, but I have done without that hunting before.

Caribou is the attraction now. I have three kudu and two buffalo on the wall. Alaska has dangerous game too, though I'm not much interested in shooting bears. I'm becoming more concerned that hunting in Africa may result in having to shoot the two legged dangerous game. Not interested in killing someone's kid even if he deserves it. Been on the receiving end of that grief.
View attachment 626672
I'm not ready to call it quits in Africa yet, but the way things are going the future is not looking promising. Bird hunting here is, fortunately, still accessible and affordable. Won't get me a big set of horns for the wall but I filled that unnecessary necessity fifty years ago. A drop off DYI caribou hunt in remote Alaska is sounding better all the time. I did live up there for a bit. Being remote would be a welcome change from this rat race. No one to wash my clothes every day or blow smoke up my arse when I make (or miss) a shot, but I have done without that hunting before.
Namibia has the second lowest population density of any country in the world. You talk about RSA like it is Africa in its entirety and it is just frustrating to see you do it over and over again.

This is a thread about NAMIBIA and you have gone on about South Africa and posted a picture of a sign from South Africa.

I get everyone can and Should have opinions.
But you constantly blabber none useful information on threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allisoncb79

Latest profile posts

buckstix wrote on magnum308's profile.
yes ..please send me a copy ... buckstix@aol.com
NYAMAZANA SAFARIS wrote on majorsafari's profile.
Trail cam image is of a cat we never took .. it’s not a great image but I can assure you it’s a very big cat . Other photo is of my client with his cat this year .

IMG_3426.jpeg
IMG_2910.jpeg
thokau wrote on Just a dude in BC's profile.
Hallo, ein Freund von mir lebt auf einer Farm in den Rocky Mountains.
Leider kam es dort in den letzten Wochen zu Bränden.
Hoffe es geht dir gut!?