Namibia Plains Game

FallowJaeger

AH veteran
Joined
Jan 29, 2018
Messages
151
Reaction score
108
Media
1
Hunting reports
Mex/S.Amer
1
Member of
SCI
Hello-just looking for recommendations on outfitters for plains game hunts in Namibia. Looking for an operation where you aren’t a number but are give attention. I’m open to large outfits but owner/PH smaller operations seem more my style. Just want to take 4-6 plains game animals. Looking at the Kalahari Springbok, Kudu, Eland, Gemsbok, Zebra etc. I’m just a teacher so don’t have the big bucks to spend but want to have an adventure. Thank you.
 
PM sent.
 
Malan Lambrecht was our PH last year on a PG hunt in Namibia. He was an absolute class act. Just about everything he put us on were gold medal trophies. His outfit is Arub Safaris.
 
I'm hunting with Dzombo Hunting Safaris in Namibia in a few months. All my conversations with them have been great. I will report back on how our trip goes.
 
We are not in Namibia but very close to the south eastern border.
So basically the same terrain and vegetation and the same feeling of wide open spaces you get in Namibia.
We are owner operated and have large properties that we own.
We book one group at a time so you get personal attention.
Most of our ranches are free range.
All the species you mentioned are on our ranches.
Pick up and drop off point is Johannesburg so no extra connecting flights needed.
If you pick Namibia it is also a wonderful country and lots of good outfitters there.

Sincerely
Hans de Klerk
 
I can highly recommend Kowas Adventure Safaris. A fantastic family run operation and top shelf hunting and service.
 
Hello-just looking for recommendations on outfitters for plains game hunts in Namibia. Looking for an operation where you aren’t a number but are give attention. I’m open to large outfits but owner/PH smaller operations seem more my style. Just want to take 4-6 plains game animals. Looking at the Kalahari Springbok, Kudu, Eland, Gemsbok, Zebra etc. I’m just a teacher so don’t have the big bucks to spend but want to have an adventure. Thank you.
Hi! I will send you a direct message - Ndumo Safaris can certainly offer you what you are looking for. Regards, Colleen
 
I can highly recommend Kowas Adventure Safaris. A fantastic family run operation and top shelf hunting and service.
Kowas certainly runs a top-notch operation. However they tend to be booked well in advance, so you should contact them forthwith if they interest you.

Many good options mentioned above.
 
Hi! I will send you a direct message - Ndumo Safaris can certainly offer you what you are looking for. Regards, Colleen
Thank you so much, I have written you back. I look forward to learning more.
 
We are not in Namibia but very close to the south eastern border.
So basically the same terrain and vegetation and the same feeling of wide open spaces you get in Namibia.
We are owner operated and have large properties that we own.
We book one group at a time so you get personal attention.
Most of our ranches are free range.
All the species you mentioned are on our ranches.
Pick up and drop off point is Johannesburg so no extra connecting flights needed.
If you pick Namibia it is also a wonderful country and lots of good outfitters there.

Sincerely
Hans de Klerk
Dear Hans,

Thank you, I would love to know more about your operation. The Northern Cape looks amazing.
 
Malan Lambrecht was our PH last year on a PG hunt in Namibia. He was an absolute class act. Just about everything he put us on were gold medal trophies. His outfit is Arub Safaris.
Thank you so much, I'll reach out to Arub Safaris.
 
I'm hunting with Dzombo Hunting Safaris in Namibia in a few months. All my conversations with them have been great. I will report back on how our trip goes.
That is great, I look forward to hearing about your experience. Good luck and have fun.
 
@FallowJaeger Your problem, as you have already surmised, is that you will have too many good choices. Follow your instincts......a smaller operation, where your PH is an owner, is my recommendation for your first hunt. Every operator has strengths......when you have winnowed it down to just a few, ask them pointedly what they feel is the best aspect of the hunt they offer, and see how well it matches your dream. Planning and choosing is a big part of the total experience......do it yourself.....don't use an agent..........and it will be great......FWB
 
Hello-just looking for recommendations on outfitters for plains game hunts in Namibia. Looking for an operation where you aren’t a number but are give attention. I’m open to large outfits but owner/PH smaller operations seem more my style. Just want to take 4-6 plains game animals. Looking at the Kalahari Springbok, Kudu, Eland, Gemsbok, Zebra etc. I’m just a teacher so don’t have the big bucks to spend but want to have an adventure. Thank you.
Just returned from my second Leopard hunt with Eintracht Jagd Safaris owned by PH Pieter Delport. All that you are asking for can be yours when taken in by Pieter and his team.
 
Sounds great. Do you have contact information? Do they do plains games hunts?
 
@FallowJaeger Your problem, as you have already surmised, is that you will have too many good choices. Follow your instincts......a smaller operation, where your PH is an owner, is my recommendation for your first hunt. Every operator has strengths......when you have winnowed it down to just a few, ask them pointedly what they feel is the best aspect of the hunt they offer, and see how well it matches your dream. Planning and choosing is a big part of the total experience......do it yourself.....don't use an agent..........and it will be great......FWB
Thank you so much. It’s overwhelming, there are just so many choices and it’s like what and how do I do this? I’ve never been and don’t know anyone who has been. Thank you again for the tips.
 
Hello-just looking for recommendations on outfitters for plains game hunts in Namibia. Looking for an operation where you aren’t a number but are give attention. I’m open to large outfits but owner/PH smaller operations seem more my style. Just want to take 4-6 plains game animals. Looking at the Kalahari Springbok, Kudu, Eland, Gemsbok, Zebra etc. I’m just a teacher so don’t have the big bucks to spend but want to have an adventure. Thank you.
There are scores of good options. I can recommend ARU, Frontier, and Schalk Pienaar Safaris for hunting Namibia. Compare these three on the type and price of Safari you want.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,355
Messages
1,573,891
Members
169,869
Latest member
tropketvomi1988
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top