NAMIBIA: Namibia Hunting Report With DJS Orpa Hunts & The Smit Family

Workman

Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
South Africa, Namibia
What a tremendous experience with the Smit Family and DJS Orpa Hunting Safaris in Namibia, Africa!

This was my 2nd African Safari (my 1st time in Namibia) and it was exponentially better than the SA trip in 2019. The Smits treated us like true family, and that is NOT the norm! The "feel" from a previous hunt in SA was very "corporate" feeling. Our hunting this time was guided by Dirk (land owner/licensed PH), all food prepared by his wife Thea, and his son Dirk Jr (licensed PH) also assisted in the hunt! It is a family affair and I truly enjoyed that person touch!

The icing on the cake for me was that in addition to the family feel, the hunting was also extraordinary! As the land-owner and PH, Dirk truly manages the animals and conserves the land so we can enjoy this for many more decades! We harvested 13 animals in 5 1/2 days of hunting (2 hunters)! And...of those 4 scored SCI-Gold; 3 Silver; 3 Bronze; and the others were close to Bronze!

FullSizeRender.JPEG
IMG_3073.JPEG
IMG_3167.JPEG
IMG_3177.JPEG
IMG_3222.JPEG
IMG_3243.JPEG
IMG_3269.JPEG
IMG_3573.JPEG
IMG_2902.JPG
IMG_3151-1.JPEG

I can't thank Dirk, Thea, Dirk Jr, and their staff enough for a truly amazing hunt and stay in Namibia! The Smit Family works hard for you and they have great time doing it! Please reach out to Dirk/Thea at DJS Orpa Hunting Safaris to get the trip/hunt of a lifetime!
We WILL be back!

Last edited by a moderator:
I love it when you can find those nuggets out there. Waterbuck does like a beast and I always like kudu.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deo

Latest profile posts

gunslinger1971 wrote on Gray Fox's profile.
Do you still have the Browning 1895 and do you want to sell it? I'm might be interested. If so please let me know and do you have any pictures?

Steve in Missouri
[redacted]
Redfishga1 wrote on gearguywb's profile.
I would be interested in the ruger if the other guy is not.
Bartbux wrote on franzfmdavis's profile.
Btw…this was Kuche….had a great time.
Sorry to see your troubles on pricing.

Happy to call you and talk about experience…I’m also a Minnesota guy.