NAMIBIA: Leopard Hunt With Nick Nolte Hunting Safaris

Congratulations on your Leopard! And that Springbok is a beauty. Love that area around Omaruru.

Congratulations, what a great tom and great trophies Thanks for sharing

@Cecil Hammonds congratulations on a very successful hunt! Just curious about your air travel. You stated you departed DFW on American and flew to Joburg, then onto Namibia via Airlink. What route does American take or was this a codeshare with Qatar or some other airline?
Hi,
We flew American from DFW to Heathrow, and the British Airways as a codeshare to Joberg. It was only $1100 per ticket round trip. We were going to do Lufthansa or Qatar, but we couldn't pass up that deal.

Beautiful Leopard! I love that outer curve at the top of your nyala. Actually, all of them are outstanding!

Congrats! My first African hunt was with Nick and Isabel. It’s such a good area for leopard that my buddy shot an incidental tom. Huge one too. The Nolte family are gold.

Nick is the best leopard man in Southern Africa. Isabel may well be the most gracious lady. I took my leopard with him on my first African hunt fifteen years ago. Were I going back for another, he would be the only person I would call. Congratulations on a great achievement.

Thank you for sharing Cecil. Great Trophy. I will visit Namibia in a couple of months. Hope I have your luck :-)

We just returned yesterday from a truly memorable and amazing hunting trip in Namibia. We hunted with Nick and Isabel Nolte near Omaruru, Namibia. The primary focus of the hunt was leopard, but we also hunted some plains game as well. I can't say enough great things about Nick and Isabel's operation. Everything was top notch from the accommodations, food, and hunt quality to the way you are treated as part of their family the entire time you are there.

We flew out of DFW on American Airlines to Joberg and then connected on Air Link to Windhoek. One thing we learned in that experience, both coming and going, is that if you have a checked bag in Joberg that is not checked all the way through to your final destination, you must stand in line to "enter" the country, recover your checked luggage and recheck on your new flight, then stand in line again to "exit" the country. This was not a big deal, just a bit of time-consuming hassle that can be avoided.

Once we got to Windhoek and were met by Isabel, it was about a three hour drive to their lodge. We started hunting the next day and took a Black Wildebeest and a cull Blue Wildebeest for bait. We hunted hard for the leopard and finally got him on the 12th day of a 14 day safari. In between that we also took a nice Nyala and a gold medal Springbok. This was my first time hunting Springbok, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I found it quite similar to hunting Pronghorn back home.

This was our second time hunting with Nick and Isabel, and I couldn't be more pleased. I give them my highest recommendation. I learned so much from Nick on this trip. He truly is an excellent PH on leopard. He knows their habits, behaviors, and patterns. He really works hard to get you on a leopard. He was getting a bit frustrated because we had large leopard tracks at four of our baits, but they weren't hitting the bait. Finally, on the 12th day, our luck changed. We checked the bait in the morning, and a big tom had hit it. We decided to sit there that evening, and it sure paid off. Not long after we got in the blind, we heard baboons near us. Nick was very happy about that because he knew they would alert us when the leopard was in the area. Sure enough, right about dusk a big male baboon started loudly barking, and it wasn't long after that the leopard was on the bait.

Two days later we started the long journey home, but we are already yearning to return. Here are some pics of the game we took.
View attachment 534278View attachment 534279View attachment 534280View attachment 534281View attachment 534282
Congratulations on your leopard hunt.

Wow, Cecil...........even without the leopard, every trophy in your photos is WAY above average. You done good! And your PH too.................FWB

Not sure if this is the best place to post this, but I just received my CITES permit todayfor my leopard! It is dated 6/29/2023. We only returned from our trip on 5/16/2023. I can't believe it came in so fast. I used Cindi Rulon from Pro Cargo USA to do my application and submission. If anyone needs contact info, I can pass that along.

Not sure if this is the best place to post this, but I just received my CITES permit todayfor my leopard! It is dated 6/29/2023. We only returned from our trip on 5/16/2023. I can't believe it came in so fast. I used Cindi Rulon from Pro Cargo USA to do my application and submission. If anyone needs contact info, I can pass that along.

Congratulations on the leopard. And yes Cindi and John Rulon are awesome. They are going to be clearing my shipment from SA in a few months.

WOW you must has got the A-team at USFW to get your permit done that fast. Mine took 14 months. Hopefully they will give everyone such good turn around service.

Ho are you going to have your cat mounted?

WOW you must has got the A-team at USFW to get your permit done that fast. Mine took 14 months. Hopefully they will give everyone such good turn around service.

Ho are you going to have your cat mounted?
Hi Dave,

I am going to have a full body springbok jumping with the leopard trying to catch it. I am pretty excited about that. I have to admit the full body jumping springbok was my wife's idea, but I sure didn't argue!

Cheers,

Cecil

Please PM me her information. Thanks!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Doris0158

Latest profile posts

Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!
We are doing a cull hunt this week!