AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Dallas Safari Club, Houston Safari Club, SCI,NRA
Hunted
Alaska, Mexico, Inuvik NWT, Canada, Yukon, BC, Argentina, Limpopo, SA,Namibia, Africa
Just returned from a highly successful hunt with Nick Nolte Safaris. Nick & Isabel treated me as if I owned the place.
The accommodations were spectacular along with the food. There is an old saying ...(I rather be lucky than smart) Damn I was lucky on this Safari.
I flew from Houston, TX to Doha then on to Windhoek,Namibia.
The flights were excellent along with arriving with my guns and luggage on time. A 5 Start rating for Qatar Airlines.
Now to the hunt...I arrived on June 15,2023 at Windhoek and Isabel was there to meet me. We drove about 3 hours to get to their lovely lodge. I unpacked and took it easy that day. The next day we were putting out baits hoping for a big male leopard to hit on the baits.
The next day checking on baits but no leopard tracks. I keep reminding myself that patience is a virtue.
Riding on the top rack of the Landcruiser we spotted a very nice Impala. I decided to take it and of to the skinning shed he went.
We are back out checking the baits after lunch. William ( The Tracker) spots a large Leopard track hitting one of the baits. the hunt is getting exciting. We return back to the lodge get the blind to set up. We are now set up and waiting and hoping the leopard shows back up. Remember today is just the 3rd day into my hunt.
We begin to hear noises and Nick tells me the Leopard is on the bait. I look through the scope and there he is. He is huge through the scope. I take aim, breath out then hold my breath and squeeze the trigger so gently. Nick is excited and tells me it is a good hit. Less than a minute later we hear his death moan. Nick calls in the tracker and the truck. I am ready to pop out but Nick tells me to wait till the tracker arrives for safety. He arrives and we walk towards the bait and William sees the blood where the leopard tried to climb on the rocks. He is magnificent. Better than I would have imagined. We take pics and head back to the lodge.
Nick tells me he thinks the leopard will make the SCI Record Book.I will keep my fingers crossed for that to happen. We will see .
Now it is June 20and we are hunting for a Waterbuck. We are driving and see one staring at us about 200 yards away straight on. We get out of the Landcruiser; set up the shooting sticks and another spectacular animal going back to the skinning shed. He is 31 1/2" long and bases are 10". I am thrilled.
The next day we are going after a Springbok. They remind me of an Antelope; as fast as they run and seem never to be still. We find a nice one and from the truck this time I take aim and he is down. Another great animal for my Game room.
On June 22 we are now hunting for a nice Gemsbok. We are riding around and finally see a group about 350 yards away through a lot of bush and trees. I take the shot and hit branch and deflects and ...Yes I missed. I really don't feel bad. It was a tuff shot and I don't feel bad about missing. I have been so lucky I can't and won't complain.
It is June 23 and we are driving and spots more Gemsbok about 200 yards away. We jump out of the truck set up and the Gemsbok turns into the brush & trees. I take the shot and this time it hits the target. I redeemed myself and I take a deep breath. My hunting is complete. I came I conquered and please with all my Trophies.
It was a 17 day safari and only 7 days have passed.
We decided to be sightseers for the rest of the hunt. We go to a large Safari Reserve and see Elephants and other game in the Park. We travel to the Mountains and see the Bushman on how they live.
I must tell you this was a fantastic Hunt and Adventure. If you wish to hunt Leopard, stay in a a 5 Star Lodge...YOU MUST CONTACT AND TALK TO NICK & ISABEL NOLTE IN NAMIBIA. YOU WILL BE TREATED AS FAMILY & FRIENDS .

IMG_1242.jpeg
IMG_1262.jpeg
IMG_1222.jpeg
IMG_1303.jpeg
IMG_1274.jpeg
IMG_1184.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hell of a cat. Congratulations.

Awesome! Great cat Thanks for sharing

This is awesome. I am hunting with them in 25, hope my safari goes as well as yours.

I told Isabel I would bring some Weller, but you really brought the good stuff with the Pappy!

You will have a Grand Time.
Bring Woodford Reserve Bourbon and cigars and you will be BF.

I like your waterbuck as much as your cat! Congratulations on a very special hunting adventure

Nick is the best leopard man in Southern Africa, and Isabel is the perfect host. Congrats on a magnificent cat.

Bourbon and leopards, Nick and Isabel sound like my kinda people (y)

Congratulations, Manny. Awesome leopard, helluva springbuck and waterbuck.

Congrats on your cat and a wonderful waterbuck. Sounds like a great hunt.
Bruce

Congrats on a beautiful leopard. Well done! And WOW on that Waterbuck! Absolute giant.

Congrats and thanks for sharing!

Nice leopard CONGRATZ!!! the third day must be the lucky day for leopard, I took mine on the 3rd day in our 2021 safari. They are such a special hunt.

WONERFUL CAT AND BOTTLE!

Just returned from a highly successful hunt with Nick Nolte Safaris. Nick & Isabel treated me as if I owned the place.
The accommodations were spectacular along with the food. There is an old saying ...(I rather be lucky than smart) Damn I was lucky on this Safari.
I flew from Houston, TX to Doha then on to Windhoek,Namibia.
The flights were excellent along with arriving with my guns and luggage on time. A 5 Start rating for Qatar Airlines.
Now to the hunt...I arrived on June 15,2023 at Windhoek and Isabel was there to meet me. We drove about 3 hours to get to their lovely lodge. I unpacked and took it easy that day. The next day we were putting out baits hoping for a big male leopard to hit on the baits.
The next day checking on baits but no leopard tracks. I keep reminding myself that patience is a virtue.
Riding on the top rack of the Landcruiser we spotted a very nice Impala. I decided to take it and of to the skinning shed he went.
We are back out checking the baits after lunch. William ( The Tracker) spots a large Leopard track hitting one of the baits. the hunt is getting exciting. We return back to the lodge get the blind to set up. We are now set up and waiting and hoping the leopard shows back up. Remember today is just the 3rd day into my hunt.
We begin to hear noises and Nick tells me the Leopard is on the bait. I look through the scope and there he is. He is huge through the scope. I take aim, breath out then hold my breath and squeeze the trigger so gently. Nick is excited and tells me it is a good hit. Less than a minute later we hear his death moan. Nick calls in the tracker and the truck. I am ready to pop out but Nick tells me to wait till the tracker arrives for safety. He arrives and we walk towards the bait and William sees the blood where the leopard tried to climb on the rocks. He is magnificent. Better than I would have imagined. We take pics and head back to the lodge.
Nick tells me he thinks the leopard will make the SCI Record Book.I will keep my fingers crossed for that to happen. We will see .
Now it is June 20and we are hunting for a Waterbuck. We are driving and see one staring at us about 200 yards away straight on. We get out of the Landcruiser; set up the shooting sticks and another spectacular animal going back to the skinning shed. He is 31 1/2" long and bases are 10". I am thrilled.
The next day we are going after a Springbok. They remind me of an Antelope; as fast as they run and seem never to be still. We find a nice one and from the truck this time I take aim and he is down. Another great animal for my Game room.
On June 22 we are now hunting for a nice Gemsbok. We are riding around and finally see a group about 350 yards away through a lot of bush and trees. I take the shot and hit branch and deflects and ...Yes I missed. I really don't feel bad. It was a tuff shot and I don't feel bad about missing. I have been so lucky I can't and won't complain.
It is June 23 and we are driving and spots more Gemsbok about 200 yards away. We jump out of the truck set up and the Gemsbok turns into the brush & trees. I take the shot and this time it hits the target. I redeemed myself and I take a deep breath. My hunting is complete. I came I conquered and please with all my Trophies.
It was a 17 day safari and only 7 days have passed.
We decided to be sightseers for the rest of the hunt. We go to a large Safari Reserve and see Elephants and other game in the Park. We travel to the Mountains and see the Bushman on how they live.
I must tell you this was a fantastic Hunt and Adventure. If you wish to hunt Leopard, stay in a a 5 Star Lodge...YOU MUST CONTACT AND TALK TO NICK & ISABEL NOLTE IN NAMIBIA. YOU WILL BE TREATED AS FAMILY & FRIENDS .

View attachment 546068View attachment 546069View attachment 546070View attachment 546071View attachment 546072View attachment 546073
What a NICE Cat !! I’d be thrilled to go on a Leopard hunt and take a Cat like that — Congratulations. What rifle and bullet did you use to take the Cat? How far did he go after the shot? Was it dark or full daylight?

I used a 300 win mag 180 gr. He may have run 30-50 yds

Congrats on your cat and a wonderful waterbuck. Sounds like a great hunt.
Bruce
Lucky you - if you live near Gillette WY, I’ve traveled out there to hunt many times (deer, Antelope, prairie dogs, coyote) ...wish I could live there all year long !!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blaubeerchen44

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

T/C wrote on Dewald's profile.
Hi Dewald,
I am looking for a copy of Wright's "Shooting the British Double Rifle" (3E).
Please PM me (T/C) if you still have one.
Thank you very much in advance!!!
I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg