NAMIBIA: Has Anyone Hunted With Jan Oelofse Safaris?

I hunted with them in July of 2021 with my wife and my father.
absolutely incredible place and amazing people. The lodging is 1st class, the food is out of this world amazing, the staff is excellent, and the hunting was fantastic. Stayed for 3 weeks hunting and am already planning to go back. Animals are abundant and the PHs are phenomenal. We mainly hunted with Steve Tors and that was an incredible experience being with a guy that has over 40 years of being a PH. I ended up taking giraffe, blue wildebeest, hartebeest, warthog, gemsbok, impala, springbok, baboon, and jackal. My father took black wildebeest, giraffe, impala, gemsbok, and eland.
Dealing with Annette and Alex was a pleasure and they are truly some of the nicest people we have ever met.
Can’t wait to go back.

I did a search on here and info about this outfit is scarce. Has anyone hunted with them?
Thanks, Dale
Hunted twice at their Mt. Etjo location. Plains game and leopard. If you haven't checked yet look for their YouTube video. and www.mount-etjo.com and JAN OELOFSE HUNTING SAFARIS.

Hunted twice at their Mt. Etjo location. Plains game and leopard. If you haven't checked yet look for their YouTube video. and www.mount-etjo.com and JAN OELOFSE HUNTING SAFARIS.
Hunted at Jan's place back in 97, my first safari. Hunted with Steve, which was amazing, and became fast friends. Just saw him in Dallas, which is always a pleasure. You can not go wrong

I did not not hunt there but stayed at the hunting lodge in June 2021. Amazing! Great food and accomodations. Brigette the manager is a great host. I had my mother (84yo) with me and they took wonderful care of her.

I did a search on here and info about this outfit is scarce. Has anyone hunted with them?
Thanks, Dale
I have hinted with them in 1996 and again in 1998. Long time ago but they were great hunts and highly recommend their group. Got a lot of plains game and leopard. From eland to duiker. Great people, meals and accomodations.

Not hunted with but they have been around forever with a good reputation..I think the old fellow that started it was involved with the movie "Hatari"
Exactly, he or his wife wrote fairly interesting book about Hatari and their life.

She looks like a million bucks, I can't remember her name. She was either the president of the Namibian PH Association or had some high rank in the outfit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deaner20

Latest profile posts

Redfishga1 wrote on gearguywb's profile.
I would be interested in the ruger if the other guy is not.
Bartbux wrote on franzfmdavis's profile.
Btw…this was Kuche….had a great time.
Sorry to see your troubles on pricing.

Happy to call you and talk about experience…I’m also a Minnesota guy.
Ready for the next hunt