NAMIBIA: Great Hunt In Namibia!

Awesome! Great job and thank you for sharing

I really liked your video. I liked how excited your first PH was at the zebra. Videos show a lot words and reports just can’t. What did you think of the shooting sticks? I see your first PH had a set of quad sticks with the flat front. A similar set goes with me on every hunt. I saw the second PH had a set with a front V. I find this type very difficult to use myself because the adjustments must come from the sticks.

Beautiful video and wonderful safari, congrats to both. Did you take the video with a GoPro or your phone? Well done.

I really liked your video. I liked how excited your first PH was at the zebra. Videos show a lot words and reports just can’t. What did you think of the shooting sticks? I see your first PH had a set of quad sticks with the flat front. A similar set goes with me on every hunt. I saw the second PH had a set with a front V. I find this type very difficult to use myself because the adjustments must come from the sticks.
375fox:
Yes, Helmut, (the the top man at Onduri) and Scot at Burchell, were two PH's with very different personalities, lol I greatly enjoy hunting with both men.
Helmut was super excited about that Hartman, because one of the females had seen us on our approach and spooked. None of the others had seen us, but of course they all moved off when the excited one did. Helmut made that huffing call and it worked, bringing them all back in. I think his excitement was based on that, and that it took me a few secs, while the zebra stood for us, to get that shot off !
It's interesting that you picked up on the difference in the sticks. I am of two minds on that.
The wide front shelf type like the Viper-Flex and 4Stable do offer a bit of traverse without relocating the feet, but you have to be diligent on controlling the recoil bounce when you shoot. The V type like the Accurate Concepts Scot uses do require careful setup, but the shooting / recoil control is rock solid.
I'm not sure which is best. I'm currently working on getting an example of each type to me here in the states in order to do some practicing.

Beautiful video and wonderful safari, congrats to both. Did you take the video with a GoPro or your phone? Well done.
Some GoPro, some DSLR camera, and some Tactacam. We take a lot of pictures and shoot a lot of video. The adventure IS the hunt for me, and I want more to remember it by than just the taxidermy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwbybill

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg
cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's
ghay wrote on professor's profile.
Hello,
Would you consider selling just the Barnes 235's and 250g TTSX's?
Hunt27 wrote on Tra3's profile.
Spain, i booked through a consultant, i book almost everything through him now and he's done me right. his contact 724 986 7206 if interested and he will have more info to share,
I hunted elephant with Luke Samaris in 2005. It was my fourth safari and I tell you he is a fine gentleman the best. I got the opportunity to meet Patty Curtis, although never hunted with him but enjoyed our conversation around our tent in the Selous. Very sad for a tough guy to leave this world the way he did. Let’s pray the murderers are caught. I hope to see Luke in Nashville.