My new English SxS acquisition

@Mtn_Infantry for our friends that have never shot a British 2.5" 12 bore shotgun, we sound like pompous snobs. To anyone that has shot one for a single round of clays, they understand. These British guns, regardless of cost, handle like a feather on the end of a straw, whereas our typical American shotguns handle like a pig on the end of a shovel.

Paying a bit more per box of shells is a low cost of admission to "the club".
Cheese and chalk would have sufficed, but I get your point.

That is a lovely gun. I just ordered 4 flats of shells from RST a week ago. They tend to go quickly when they have them in stock.

Beautiful shotgun, congratulations on the acquisition of such a fine old gun

Very nice 12 bore, it should serve you well and very rare in a sidelock from that maker.

Looking back on this rifle, this is probably the worst post to see as a guy who’s wanting to dip his toes into the SxS pond….

The one piece of advice I would have is ensure the seller allows a grace period for a competent person to inspect it before you receive the gun.

Have it shipped directly to your gunsmith or inspector. Many sellers will not want the screws touched. It can’t be called inspected unless it’s locks are inspected.

@Mtn_Infantry for our friends that have never shot a British 2.5" 12 bore shotgun, we sound like pompous snobs. To anyone that has shot one for a single round of clays, they understand. These British guns, regardless of cost, handle like a feather on the end of a straw, whereas our typical American shotguns handle like a pig on the end of a shovel.

Paying a bit more per box of shells is a low cost of admission to "the club".
Had a EJ Churchill XXV (crown grade, BLE)..wish I still had it :(

How did I become the ground-zero nexus of European hunting couture when I'm a 47-ethnicity amerimutt?
@rookhawk it's because you sir, are one of many people on this forum that are a fine example of a "good person"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MillardZ18

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia
TAG SAFARI wrote on mvalden's profile.
Wishing you a Happy Birthday!