My New Double Rifle - What Is of Value to Me That Fits My Wants

for my 470’s i use RL 15.5 at 86 grains has historically given me within 2 inches producing 2050 FPS. i talked to JJ Perodeau last week and he recommended trying 86, 87, 88 and 89 grains to see what regulation looks like. weather permitting i will test each tomorrow at 50 yards. one of these should give me my desired within 2 inch regulation i want and maybe better. my last 470 was at 1.5 inches
Sir, You are a lucky man. I would truly enjoy working up a load for such a fine rifle. I have only fired DR's twice, both when the owner handed me them, and yes it does give one that special feeling.

Maybe I "need" a DR?

Enjoy and please post up on here.

MB

Beautiful rifle Craig, hope to see it in person in 2025. For whatever reason I got your FS thread and this one mixed up.
Hope you get the one sold and hold on to this one for a while

After looking more at the pictures. I know that rifle. It sat on consignment for quite a while. You are correct it is like new. Even the original asking price wasn’t bad for all it has.

You would not be able to get Merkel to build one for that price.

Exceptionally nice!

shot the new rifle today!!! after four different powder grain weights i found the trusty 2052 FPS with 86 grains of RL 15.5 shot right at an inch at 50 yards…the best regulation i have ever got from a DR. pussy cat to shoot at it’s weight. very pleased. However, i am having JJ mill for my red dot…i just was not comfortable enough with the excellent iron sights to get the confidence i want…not the gun’s fault, mine. these 64 year old eyes just are not as sharp as they once were

Outstanding, love it when a plan comes together. Glad you were able to find the sweet spot without burning through precious supplies of primers & powder. Well done (y)

shot the new rifle today!!! after four different powder grain weights i found the trusty 2052 FPS with 86 grains of RL 15.5 shot right at an inch at 50 yards…the best regulation i have ever got from a DR. pussy cat to shoot at it’s weight. very pleased. However, i am having JJ mill for my red dot…i just was not comfortable enough with the excellent iron sights to get the confidence i want…not the gun’s fault, mine. these 64 year old eyes just are not as sharp as they once were
You are going to love the set-up JJ does for the red dots.

Got great news from JJ Perodeau on my new 470. Gun is perfect with nothing needing to be fixed. @rookhawk …i owe you a Wisconsin cold beer my friend…JJ confirmed the heavy mercury reducer taking the gun to 13 pounds. he is taking it out which should take the gun to about 11.2 pounds which is perfect. he is going on vacation so he will get the red dot milling done on it when he gets back so i will have back in my hands early January. very pleased!!!

You know what they say about Opinions, they are like hemorrhoids every A** hole has one

Got great news from JJ Perodeau on my new 470. Gun is perfect with nothing needing to be fixed. @rookhawk …i owe you a Wisconsin cold beer my friend…JJ confirmed the heavy mercury reducer taking the gun to 13 pounds. he is taking it out which should take the gun to about 11.2 pounds which is perfect. he is going on vacation so he will get the red dot milling done on it when he gets back so i will have back in my hands early January. very pleased!!!

+$4000 in resale value by that minor detail! Congrats, I figured there is no way Merkel would overbuild such a gun in that manner. Little details add up to big differences!

+$4000 in resale value by that minor detail! Congrats, I figured there is no way Merkel would overbuild such a gun in that manner. Little details add up to big differences!
Appreciate your expertise and guidance so very much!!!

Beautiful rifle! Definitely a little jealous

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViolaBorth

Latest profile posts

Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]