My Musgrave M90 in 30.06

littlebear

AH member
Reaction score
Media
I had a trip to the range yesterday with my Musgrave M90 after the rifle had been serviced and scopes fitted. It's a really nice rifle to shoot with.
8K8Q9405.jpg
8K8Q9407.jpg
8K8Q9409.jpg

Can you give an in-depth review of your Musgrave rifle? I bet there are lots of guys on the form that would love to hear more about it. I don't own one, but I've been to the Musgrave factory in South Africa...great guys....in addition to their own action design Musgrave can build a custom rifle on surplus 98 actions (German, Argentine, etc) it has in stock.

A Musgrave m90 is a solid and relatively heavy rifle, without bells and whistles. In other words, it is first and foremost a tool for a hunter. You can say that it is a clone between a Mauser 98, Winchester M70 and an old Carl Gustav. Due to the high weight of the rifle, it handles the recoil quite well.

A few years ago I saw on a gun dealer's website that he had an older used rifle for sale under the name Mauser, but I could see right away that it was not a Mauser but a Musgrave M90. I then wrote to the dealer who lived at the other end of Denmark, and said I would like to buy it, and got it for 235 dollars. In Denmark, it can take up to 6 months to get your weapons permit, and when it arrived, I called the dealer and arranged for a transport. When the rifle arrived I was very excited about what I had bought, because I had not had one in my hands, and I had bought it because I saw that it was a rifle which was very difficult to get hold of here in Denmark. I also found that there were not very many of this type of rifle for sale in the Northern Hemisphere and that it was difficult to find information about it on the Internet.

littlebear, I'm curious, what does your Musgrave M90 weigh?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RichardLob

Latest profile posts

John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg
cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's
ghay wrote on professor's profile.
Hello,
Would you consider selling just the Barnes 235's and 250g TTSX's?
Hunt27 wrote on Tra3's profile.
Spain, i booked through a consultant, i book almost everything through him now and he's done me right. his contact 724 986 7206 if interested and he will have more info to share,
I hunted elephant with Luke Samaris in 2005. It was my fourth safari and I tell you he is a fine gentleman the best. I got the opportunity to meet Patty Curtis, although never hunted with him but enjoyed our conversation around our tent in the Selous. Very sad for a tough guy to leave this world the way he did. Let’s pray the murderers are caught. I hope to see Luke in Nashville.