My Favourite Buffalo

ZERO hesitation . . . if they were standing side by side at 30 yards my sights settle on the scrumcap.

The second bull would be more interesting to talk with sitting around the camp fire !

I will beg to differ with the consensus... I don't care about trophy measurements or mounts, and have never registered any trophy for a book... however, I hunt for the experience and I like to harvest a representative adult male of the species, purely for my own esthetic enjoyment of the animal... so I would choose the first classically pretty bull every time over the old worn out warrior. Having said that, I can appreciate the attributes of an old cagey bull. The caveat to this would be, in the details of the hunt... if I were being asked to shoot the pretty bull off the crossbars on the Rangerover, I would decline and would prefer an all day arduous, cat & mouse stalk in the brush and a shot at the old worn out bull. The details of the hunt are more important than the animal taken.
Both are nice animals, congrats on having experienced those hunts.

I wanted my first Buffalo to have the Classic shape and be over 40 inches. Thankfully I was blessed with just such a Bull, now I don't know.
IMG-20240614-WA0007_resized_resized.jpg
I guess I will just have to see what Africa provides!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dsmith129

Latest profile posts

EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on MarcoPani's profile.
Happy Birthday, from Grahamstown, South Africa.
I hope your day is great!
Cheers
Marius
EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on Ilkay Taskin's profile.
Happy Birthday from Grahamstown, South Africa! I hope you have a great day!
Cheers, Marius
idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]