Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA, Houston Safari Club Foundation, NWTF
Hunted
South Africa, Idaho, Texas, Louisiana
Who doesn't like to brag on their kids?

Left to right...attorney, navy helo pilot, and surgeon. This was at the occasion of the helo pilot's wedding this past April.

1699903958921.png

Nice work! You need to write a parenting book on how to build successful kids.
It's easy. They ain't your friends when they're young. There's time enough for that after they grow up.

Well done! Your daughter clearly must favor her mother. :unsure:

Well done! Your daughter clearly must favor her mother. :unsure:
She gets the red from both sides of the family. Definitely has he mother's round face, though.

Who doesn't like to brag on their kids?

Left to right...attorney, navy helo pilot, and surgeon. This was at the occasion of the helo pilot's wedding this past April.

View attachment 569216
@sgt_zim
Great combination. One can fly you to you hunting grounds, one to get you out of legal hassles and one to fix you when you are feeling poorly.
Seriously you should be very proud of them.
My 3 are daughter is a multi qualified doctor, son navy pilot and other son at uni doing radiography..
Who would have thought an ugly old bush raised fella could produce three very intelligent kids.
Bob

Congratulations @sgt_zim on three wonderful looking and successful kids.

Question for you regarding your Naval aviator’s mess dress: the bow tie and cummerbund don’t look regulation to me, but I am not up on Navy dress. What’s the story? The orange cummerbund could come in handy during hunting season!

Question for you regarding your Naval aviator’s mess dress: the bow tie and cummerbund don’t look regulation to me, but I am not up on Navy dress. What’s the story? The orange cummerbund could come in handy during hunting season!
I think they're allowed a little latitude for weddings.

Congratulations!! Couldn't agree more with the statement about kids not being your friend, wish I could convince my wife of that a few years ago lol
@R.M.C.
I'm hearing you my wife is the same.
My job a as a father when they were younger was a teacher, mentor, discipline giver as well as caring father. Now it as a friend.
We can only teach our kids right from wrong, bring them up in whatever faith and guide them. Hopefully along the way they turn out allright. It's a pity they don't come with instruction manuals.
Kids can be both a blessing and a curse it's up to us as parents to treat them as a blessing and turn them into a blessing for their future partner and their own kids. Sure as adults we stuff up along the way in this process but God willing and patience all turns out well.
Bundy and valium help with your sanity at times as well. Ha ha ha ha ha
Bob

@R.M.C.
I'm hearing you my wife is the same.
My job a as a father when they were younger was a teacher, mentor, discipline giver as well as caring father. Now it as a friend.
We can only teach our kids right from wrong, bring them up in whatever faith and guide them. Hopefully along the way they turn out allright. It's a pity they don't come with instruction manuals.
Kids can be both a blessing and a curse it's up to us as parents to treat them as a blessing and turn them into a blessing for their future partner and their own kids. Sure as adults we stuff up along the way in this process but God willing and patience all turns out well.
Bundy and valium help with your sanity at times as well. Ha ha ha ha ha
Bob
Whether you're right or wrong on a given thing, strong male leadership is what kids need most. Kids that get it generally turn out pretty well, and for those that don't, the odds are far less promising.

That does not look like mess dress, rather, that is black tie formal wear with the (authorized) addition of miniature medals. No need for regulations.

Miniatures can be worn at any time with black tie.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CorrineDru

Latest profile posts

Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]