My Beautiful Country Namibia!

Wonderful pictures and descriptions. I’ve been to Namibia and look forward to going back sometime.
 
Just returned from my first visit to your beautiful country. It is a very special place. The little corner we hunted in was some of the prettiest country I've ever seen.
 
Thank you for the wonderful photos. My wife and I have visited some of the places in your photos. Brian
 
Thanks for sharing. I will have to add a few places to my finished with hunting list.
 

Namibia’s Desert Camps​



Namibia‘s desert landscapes present travelers with a symphony of paradox: wide-open spaces and intimate encounters; rugged natural beauty and luxurious accommodations.

Here are three base camps that will set the scene for travel transcendence:​

> Camp Kipwe (Damaraland):

Ingeniously built among the giant boulders of a granite kopje, this cluster of igloo-shaped bungalows is close to the petroglyphs carved thousands of years ago by the Khoikhoi people at Twyfelfontein, Namibia’s first World Heritage site. Explore these ancient rock engravings on guided walks. In the mornings, look for elephants as they roam dry riverbeds in search of water.

Screenshot_15.jpg
 

The longest-lived leaves in the plant kingdom can be found only in the harsh, hyperarid desert that crosses the boundary between southern Angola and northern Namibia.

A desert is not, of course, the most hospitable place for living things to grow, let alone leafy greens, but the Namib Desert — the world’s oldest, with parts receiving less than 2 inches of precipitation a year — is where Welwitschia calls home.


In Afrikaans, the plant is named “tweeblaarkanniedood,” which means “two leaves that cannot die”. The naming is apt: Welwitschia grows only two leaves — and continuously — in a lifetime that can last millenniums.

“Most plants develop a leaf, and that’s it,” says Andrew Leitch, a plant geneticist at the Queen Mary University of London. “This plant can live thousands of years, and it never stops growing. When it does stop growing, it’s dead.”

Screenshot_17.jpg
 

Tips For Taking Your Kids On Safari​



African safaris are the things of bucket-list dreams. Who in their right mind would pass up the opportunity to watch animals in their natural habitat, roaming free as they were meant to? Who wouldn’t get excited about this chance of a lifetime?

My kids.

Of course, they liked the idea of a safari. I’d told them about how we would bump along the great plains of Kenya and Namibia in a high-seated jeep, spying lions, elephants, and zebras through our binoculars and, perhaps — even thrillingly — up close.

Screenshot_33.jpg
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,426
Messages
1,575,868
Members
170,415
Latest member
Kate85V895
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top