My .300 Win Mag finally arrived!

No one was coming to hunt. Commercial aviation was closed. A weathy Arab with a private Jet booked every hunt on a large area.

A Zimbabwe game official was present for the entire safari. It was all done legally and certainly did not involve helicopters.

After seeing how well the hunter could shoot and how effective his 300 was on eland, the PH and game officials allowed the hunter to cull some of these buffalo with his 300.

You should not interject your opinion into threads making unfounded accusations about people you don’t know. As far as the man being a game hog, the hunt was a culling operation that was necessary given that no buffalo had been taken by visiting sportsmen for some time due to airline and other travel restrictions.

Our hunter had his own plane and was able to secure the right to fly to Zimbabwe. If I was a billionaire, I would have loved to do the same.

But this hunt kept the families of the PHs and their staff going in terrible times. It also provided meat for locals who were deprived of the meat normally provided by visit sportsmen.

You really should restrain yourself from interjecting strong personal opinions when you have no knowledge of the facts.
Just ignore Debbie downer.

I believe Ross Seyfried used the 180 grain fail safe bullet when used his 300 winchester to take a number of cape buffalo.
I would not be surprised sir. He was one of my favorite gun writers and his review of the Winchester Fail Safe back in the mid 90’s compelled me to use them in my light rifle on our 1997 Safari. To date, speaking from my own personal experience, I have not seen more devastating performance on elk sized game using 300 Win Mag 180 grain Winchester Fail Safe. If it were legal, I wouldn’t hesitate to use one on Cape Buffalo.

I am glad that you mentioned them, they are all but forgotten now. I still have several boxes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hefty Jefe

Latest profile posts

gunslinger1971 wrote on Gray Fox's profile.
Do you still have the Browning 1895 and do you want to sell it? I'm might be interested. If so please let me know and do you have any pictures?

Steve in Missouri
[redacted]
Redfishga1 wrote on gearguywb's profile.
I would be interested in the ruger if the other guy is not.
Bartbux wrote on franzfmdavis's profile.
Btw…this was Kuche….had a great time.
Sorry to see your troubles on pricing.

Happy to call you and talk about experience…I’m also a Minnesota guy.