My “Tiny Ten”

I probably won't ever do the entire TT, but did have an opportunity to add a klippie a month ago. It was a really fun hunt in the Khomas Hochland region. Along with a common duiker and steenbok, I'm getting started. The dik-dik will hopefully happen on the next trip. Exploring new areas will be necessary to move beyond that.

One thing that really stands out to me is how the PHs can get just as excited for a little antelope as they are anything else. The effort they put in to hunt them is impressive. Here in the US, they'd be disregarded.

Bryce you're right about how we tend to overlook the little guys. One of my fav stories on that is a PH friend who was with a client and almost fell over when he saw a giant klippie up in the rocks. The client kind of yawned and said I don't know...the PH said if you aren't going to shoot it then I will! The client got the message and shot the record book klippie. When your PH gets excited, pay attention!

Congrats on your 10!

Got them all but a Damara Dik Dik. I passed one in Namibia. Just couldn’t justify the cost. Tag and shipping was too rich for my blood. The other stuff I shot I had bigger already.

IMG_3739.jpeg
IMG_3397.jpeg
IMG_3248.jpeg
IMG_0279.jpeg
IMG_0198.jpeg
IMG_1533.jpeg
IMG_1081.jpeg
IMG_0493.jpeg
IMG_9816.jpeg
d1986e3b-b159-480e-9aa0-485ed062b30e.jpeg
IMG_0672.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
It will be interesting to read the highlights of your hunt of these beautiful tiny ten!

I’m only at 3 of the tiny 10: steinbok, damara Dik-dik and common Dukier. (I’ve also got Chinese water deer, Muntjac and roe: small but wrong continent)

I completely agree with the allure of hunting the tiny antelopes.

Ok it sounded like Coutada 10 or 11 perhaps. Looking forward to your report.
Grant is one of the 2 outfitters I mentioned to you in Mozambique that I’m looking hard at to finish my Tiny 10. With Suni being his goal, I’d think they’re hunting their Caputu area which is very close to Coutada 11.

I too am looking forward to the rest of his post and seeing if he’s hunting where I think he is.

Grant is one of the 2 outfitters I mentioned to you in Mozambique that I’m looking hard at to finish my Tiny 10. With Suni being his goal, I’d think they’re hunting their Caputu area which is very close to Coutada 11.

I too am looking forward to the rest of his post and seeing if he’s hunting where I think he is.
I just asked my PH. You’re correct. Coutada 11 is the neighboring area run by Mark. And it’s very close. We are basically bordered by C 10 to the direct east, 11 to the slight N and 12 slightly further up. It’s all very close.

Very good areas around here. We’ve seen good numbers of Suni, as well as a lot of Oribi, common. red and blue duiker (they see the Blue, I can’t see the little buggers). It’s very good TT hunting.

I’ll message you when I’m back. These guys run an excellent operation. I hear ZDA is also very good, I just don’t have any first hand knowledge to pass on. I don’t think there is a wrong choice. July is a very good time to hunt here.

Marromeau safaris in coutada 10 is excellent as well. At least back in 2014. Probably can’t go wrong with any of the outfits in that area. Just have to verify and talk to references.

I just asked my PH. You’re correct. Coutada 11 is the neighboring area run by Mark. And it’s very close. We are basically bordered by C 10 to the direct east, 11 to the slight N and 12 slightly further up. It’s all very close.

Very good areas around here. We’ve seen good numbers of Suni, as well as a lot of Oribi, common. red and blue duiker (they see the Blue, I can’t see the little buggers). It’s very good TT hunting.

I’ll message you when I’m back. These guys run an excellent operation. I hear ZDA is also very good, I just don’t have any first hand knowledge to pass on. I don’t think there is a wrong choice. July is a very good time to hunt here.
Appreciate it! Would also love to hear about some of the less common tinnies on your list.

I just need a Red Duiker and a Suni to complete my Tiny 10 and that area of Mozambique produces some of the best. Suni trophy fees in RSA are unfortunately nearing the price of the entire trip + trophy fees to hunt one in Mozambique

Got the Damara Dik-Dik in Namibia
Sharpes Grysbok in Zimbabwe
Cape Grysbok, Oribi, and Blue Duiker in the EC
Klippie in Limpopo
Grey Duiker & Steenbok in multiple countries and areas

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jolandon24

Latest profile posts

EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on MarcoPani's profile.
Happy Birthday, from Grahamstown, South Africa.
I hope your day is great!
Cheers
Marius
EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on Ilkay Taskin's profile.
Happy Birthday from Grahamstown, South Africa! I hope you have a great day!
Cheers, Marius
idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]