Muzzle Brakes: Sound Test

I am not biased against muzzle brakes. But, in all reality so it happens that I dont own one.
We have seen many arguments pro and con for them on the forum, so no point of repeating this.

However, I would like to add one more aspect.
On some automatic ranges, where software calculates the score, and displayes target hits on screen:
It can be programmed to count by sound a number of shots, in a string. And then each hit is recorded on electornic screen
For example, the string of match is 20 shots, and if there is not a hit, but if there is a recorded shot, the software will calculate as miss.
So, it happend (I saw) that when a guy in next line is using muzzle brake, creates noise, the sofwtare in next line can account the shot from other lines, as actual "shot" and will calculate a miss - because there will not be a hit.
So, they create confusion sometimes, even on the rangE, when all people weare ear protection.

About the rest:: reducing the recoil, incrasing the noise, unliked by guides in the field, some are better then the others, etc - we know all about it. So, no need to repeat.

If I would have a rifle, with recoil unbearable by me, I would install a muzzle brake, without second thought,
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,299
Messages
1,572,052
Members
169,485
Latest member
TaniaBufor
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top