"Musée de la Chasse" in Paris

Wow! Some beautiful pics. Love the artwork!
Can you further detail pic #2?? Is that a lamp? What are those tips??

Picture nb 2 is a rhino horn mount, with plastic protection pieces for the tips I assume. The whole on a pedestal inside a glass display case.

Fixfire: That lamp is indeed made from a horn, but VertigoBE has misidentified the animal. No that my dear sir, is the horn from what is known as a "Bill-yard." It seems that they were often hunted at night. :LOL:

For those of you under a certain age, who do not get the reference:

Hello Members,

Not quite a hunting report this time, but just some pictures of the Hunting Museum in Paris, that my wife and I visited a few weeks ago.
To the moderators: I post this in the hunting reports, for lack of a better place? If you feel like it should be elsewhere, do not hesitate to move it of course.

We visited the "Musée de la Chasse" on the 29th of June. It was a little surprise activity from my wife, during a weekend getaway to Paris (without kids!) visiting her sister.

Something I did not know, is that when you can show proof that you are a hunter, basically a hunting license in some form, then you will get a discount on the entry price! I cannot think of one other place in the world where being a hunter gives you a preferential treatment :)

The museum is very clean and well-maintained, but most importantly, it has been designed/decorated with a lot of taste! My wife was asking me if we could one day have a house (castle) looking like this! :unsure: :E Shocked:
There was also plenty of personnel inside that are all very eager and enthusiastic to give information and show you around. (although the accuracy, and depth of knowledge was sometimes a bit lacking)

Without much more text, here are some highlights. This is definitely a place to visit and spend 1 to 2 hrs, if you happen to be in Paris. The only thing I found a bit lacking, is in the hunting weapons section, it was mainly focused on medieval firearms up to percussion firearms. A part from on or two exceptions, nothing more recent, like beginning 20th century, for example.
View attachment 619239

View attachment 619240

View attachment 619241

View attachment 619242

View attachment 619243

View attachment 619244

View attachment 619245

View attachment 619246

View attachment 619247

View attachment 619248

View attachment 619249

View attachment 619250

View attachment 619251

View attachment 619252

Cheers!

Vertigo
That would be one of my favorite museum tours! Thanks for sharing!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlesnog

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg
cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's
ghay wrote on professor's profile.
Hello,
Would you consider selling just the Barnes 235's and 250g TTSX's?
Hunt27 wrote on Tra3's profile.
Spain, i booked through a consultant, i book almost everything through him now and he's done me right. his contact 724 986 7206 if interested and he will have more info to share,
I hunted elephant with Luke Samaris in 2005. It was my fourth safari and I tell you he is a fine gentleman the best. I got the opportunity to meet Patty Curtis, although never hunted with him but enjoyed our conversation around our tent in the Selous. Very sad for a tough guy to leave this world the way he did. Let’s pray the murderers are caught. I hope to see Luke in Nashville.