MOZAMBIQUE: Very Successful Safari With KWALATA SAFARIS 2024

Did you want to see wild dogs? As much as I like seeing them, they are honestly the worst thing you can see for PG in a hunting area (after poachers).

I understand why you say that, but honestly there is so much PG in that block, it’s not as bad you may think it would be to have a few of these predators about. Overall, the hunting quota is fairly low and there is plenty of game to be had.

We had a pack while i was there that we first saw and saw a few times at a big pan. Somewhere along the line someone named that huge pan, Presidential Pan. It’s huge and will hold lots of plains game even with the presence of the dogs.

Here are some wild dogs from L9 from last years trip. It is a great block. Jaco and team are top notch.

IMG-20230930-WA0010.jpg

@375Fox yes we wanted to see them, saw scat and tracks but no dogs. My wife has wanted to see them since our first safari. I have seen them in Kruger but she wasn't on that trip. (Yea I heard a bit about that one) I am thinking that there presence in the area we were looking for niassa Wildebeest is why they never stopped moving.
Dave, if you want to see wild dogs, follow us on a trip. They seem to find us everywhere. :LOL:
Even when they were actually rare.
Now there are too many in some areas.
IMG_6129.jpeg

Congrats on an amazing trip! Great write up and fantastic pics of outstanding trophies. Can’t wait to read the best part of the hunt soon. That buffalo is awesome! Please keep us informed on the status of your wife’s write up for the Rigby Award Contest. Thanks for sharing your trip with us.

Congrats on the hunt and thanks for sharing!

I’m looking forward to having somebody to root for, for the next award

Looking forward to reading your about your wife’s buff. Any idea when we might see that…..yep I’m impatient ;)
Looks like you guys had a ball.

@Bivy No luck on the Niassa wildebeest. Got on their track for a couple days. they were watering at night or first thing in the morning. Followed their tacks for 4-5 miles and they never stopped, so we ran out of daylight before we ran out or track.

@Bivy No luck on the Niassa wildebeest. Got on their track for a couple days. they were watering at night or first thing in the morning. Followed their tacks for 4-5 miles and they never stopped, so we ran out of daylight before we ran out or track.

They stood around and stared during my first Niassa safari when my budget didn't support a license. I hunted a different block in 2021 and chased a single bull around which eluded me the entire trip.

I'd really like to go back specifically for the wildebeest and always intrigued by hunter's firsthand experience in the different blocks. It seems R-4 and Marangira produce the most consistently.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mksport4com

Latest profile posts

idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]
African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?