MOZAMBIQUE: Very Successful Safari With KWALATA SAFARIS 2024

Great stuff super Suni and great Red Duiker.

With a 0400 wake-up call (For those that don't know my better half ISN'T a morning person) 0430 breakfast and 0500 in the cruiser and headed along the road north looking for 1-3 bull tracks. Once we found a suitable set of tracks, everyone loads up and we get on track and start off after the buffalo. we would follow tracks till the wind shifted or we caught up with the animals and evaluated them for a shooter. Along the way we would keep a eye out for the animals on my list. Since @BRICKBURN requested "Get a monster Suni to make me envious!" I will start with that hunt. The morning after my wife harvested her buffalo, (She slept in) Headed out with Jaco and team and were looking for Suni. We started in the riverine areas slowly stalking along the elephant trails. This is one of my favorite ways to hunt the small antelope that inhabit this area. WE had been moving slowly and quietly for a couple hours when the tracker gave us the hand signal to stop. Jaco evaluated a Suni that was slowly feeding our way, (which was nice as all we had seen before were going mach 1 trough the bush). he asked me if I was comfortable take a free hand shot shoot trying to get the sticks set up was going to spook the little guy. Since I practice bench, sticks and free hand all the time I gave him a north south shake of my head. So each time the Suni had his head behind some brush I moved into a patented One foot 10 inched higher than the other, 3/4 squat shot above a branch and below another waiting for Mr Suini to walk into the opening. One 400gr northfork solid a couple inches behind the shoulder and we have a Suni DRT. Hand shakes and congratulations we head the couple miles back towards the truck looking for a suitable place to take photo's. after my wife's buffalo stalks this hunt was my favorite of the trip for my list animals.

View attachment 634086View attachment 634087
Holy hell, that worked. Look the thickness and that growth at the bases.
Congratulations.

Well lets talk about Sharpes Grysbok:A Bang Head:

Well we saw a fair number of these little guys, most were doing about Mach 3 with their tails on fire, couldn't even attempt a running shot due to under growth. However on day 6 came across a very nice ram while on buffalo track. We got into position, on sticks and Jaco said he is about 70 yards away 1/4 away beside the big rock. I relaxed and made a perfect shot. However I needed to be about a foot and a half father right as I saw the head and neck and mistook a smaller rock for his body. So the bad news was I shot a rock! The good news is it was a clean miss and he was headed to Tanzania very quickly and I shot the rock exactly where I was aiming. The better news is that the goddess of the hunt directed my bullet into the center of the rock and we were back on buffalo tracks. Which untimely lead to my wife making a perfect shot on her buffalo about a hour later.
OUCH!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TristanSol

Latest profile posts

FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?
Trogon wrote on Mac Baren's profile.
@Mac Baren, I live central to city of Cincinnati. I have work travel early this week but could hopefully meet later this week (with no schedule changes). What area of town are you working/staying in?
Kind regards
Ron
Read more at the link about our 40000 acre free range kudu area we will also be posting a deal on the deals page soon!
Our predator control is going very well
Looking for brass or reloads for 475noz2 Jefferies ammo. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Charles