MOZAMBIQUE: 'Twas The Night Before Safari - Mozambique 2024

If you see Junbo again tell him I’m ready anytime for the brotherhood deal he offered me in October of 2022!!!

I always so very much enjoy your posts and hunt stories Phil!!! You always take us with you!!!

Well it seems loading one pic at a time works a little better. Below is Pemba International. No jetways here. Planes land at one end of the strip, go to the other end and u-turn to get back to the middle and finally turn into the tarmac.

Not exactly the busiest airport, but that was just fine. Just inside that door you see people standing outside of is passport control. We made it through that quite quickly, and just on the other side were some of the Kamabako team guys with our baggage waiting, sans gun cases.

Below is @AZ KJ and young gent named Franz. Franz is the official bush pilot for Kambako but will be flying us into Jaco’s area tomorrow. It was a bit of a geezer moment meeting him. We’re putting our lives in the hands of a 22 year old pilot! However I’m quite confident he knows his job and he’s a very nice guy.

IMG_1632.jpeg

Our pilot from Harare into Zambezi Valley back 2011 was somewhere in his 20s. He was texting a bit while flying to camp. Once we landed and stopped, Ann smacked him on the back of the head for not paying attention! I cracked up. Felt safe with him both ways on the flight.

Phil, glad you have arrived safely and the guns and ammo made it. Good luck on the hunt and can't wait for the hunting part of the report to begin.

Best of luck Phil !!

Okay, so Sunday was a day of anticipation. Franz our pilot had a busy day of taking clients in one of the Kamabako concessions and also flying in equipment. He actually took all of our bags also to the L9 block that Jaco hunts. Then back to Pemba to await Jaco flying in on the Airlink flight in the afternoon.

Sure enough he arrives and we all pile into the Cessna. I had unashamedly and without hesitation called dibs on the seat next to the pilot. This was a first for me and I was in total engineer geek mode. We had a great flight in, very smooth and a surprisingly soft smooth landing on the dirt strip which is right next to camp.

Well crap, pictures are still being a problem. And I am bummed, today was first day of hunting and it was a pretty good one. But without pics, just isn’t the same. So putting this report on hold for now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BW32

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Sue Tidwell's profile.
Just finished your book (audio) and ordered a hardback for my Library. You did a wonderful job explaining the way conservation works in Africa, and my wife is interested in reading your book now. Thank you for your work.
Bluecyclone wrote on LES7's profile.
Hello there,
Could you tell me if your model 70 has two recoil lugs? I have heard some of the super express rifles had one, while the safari express has two.
Thank you.
Brant.
Saddlemaker wrote on Drexel64742's profile.
Hi Drexel, Would like to purchase your brass , Would a business check be fine?
overunderranger wrote on Stamp Collector's profile.
I'm interested in the 28 gauge Ruger, if you still have it.
Tanner wrote on gearguywb's profile.
I’m blown away the rifle hasn’t sold. I will take it!