MOZAMBIQUE: L2 Niassa Game Reserve Hunting Report

Awesome hunt, well done!

Roosevelt Sable are not as large as common Sable. 39 in. is a large rs.

Very good hunting report.
Nice trophies and and good pictures. You did have a good hunt. Congrats..
Witold

I like the pic of your "helmet" buffalo bull. Both horns broken can't be a very common occurrence, or is it? Not many trophy hunters would take one anyway. Interesting.

Dunno longwalker. He's my kind of trophy for sure. Bad ass bull that has really been through the wars

I like the pic of your "helmet" buffalo bull. Both horns broken can't be a very common occurrence, or is it? Not many trophy hunters would take one anyway. Interesting.

definitely an animal that has lived his life
I consider an old timer like him , lion shit , and in time that's what he would've been
in my eyes an awesome animal and every scar on his hide could tell a tale , but not a trophy ,for this little black duck

Buff hunting is extremely addictive, the rush is unbelievable, not often a first time buff hunter will take a scrum cap, but repeat hunters love to go for the ole scrum caps, often they are a lot more dangerous than other buffalo,,,stalking these ole buggers gives you one hell of a thrill..

I can only imagine(so far) , that stalking in on buffalo , whether it was a breeding herd of fifti or ,half a dozen grumpy ole dugga lads , being about as exciting as it could get , specially with my bow .
and im sure that them quarter back buffalos ,with no hooks left , to protect themselves , would as jumpy as a cat on a hot tin roof .

good to see your back simon

Thanks Bluey, just been real busy lately, those ole bloody scum caps always seem to be on edge..

Just finished great Rock Pigeon shoot..

Rocky classic.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Great trophies, old animals that are finished with their husbandly duties and show their battle scars. Well done.

All trophies to be proud of! Love the old scrum cap! Great safaris guys, well done.

Nice job, heading to the Niassa in July..hope to do as well.

K9,which area are you hunting?

With Jumbo Moore, Kambako safaris.

wonderful.
What do you think is the age of these animals ?
They are all looking mature(y) and above

Scrum cap about 10, other buff 8-9, eland 6, sable 5, and thats just guessing..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j88dance

Latest profile posts

gunslinger1971 wrote on Gray Fox's profile.
Do you still have the Browning 1895 and do you want to sell it? I'm might be interested. If so please let me know and do you have any pictures?

Steve in Missouri
Gunslinger1971@yahoo.com
Redfishga1 wrote on gearguywb's profile.
I would be interested in the ruger if the other guy is not.
Bartbux wrote on franzfmdavis's profile.
Btw…this was Kuche….had a great time.
Sorry to see your troubles on pricing.

Happy to call you and talk about experience…I’m also a Minnesota guy.