MOZAMBIQUE Hunting Information

Heard some people say bow hunting dangerous game in mozambique is legal and others say it’s not. So far just people talking but nothing solid. I’ve searched and searched and haven’t seen any evidence saying it’s not legal
 
I asked AI about legality of bowhunting in Moz.
Got some answer from AI, but I dont trust it. In any case I attached the law, who ever speaks Portuguese, can translate.

BOWHUNTING LEGALITY IN MOZAMBIQUE

Overview of Hunting Laws in Mozambique

In Mozambique, hunting is regulated by the national legislation that governs wildlife conservation and management. The primary law that addresses hunting activities is the Law No. 16/2014, which was enacted on June 20, 2014. This law outlines various aspects of wildlife protection, including hunting regulations, permits, and the types of hunting that are permissible.

Bowhunting Regulations

According to the provisions of Law No. 16/2014, bowhunting is indeed legal in Mozambique under specific conditions. The law allows for different methods of hunting, including the use of bows and arrows, provided that hunters adhere to the established regulations regarding species that can be hunted and the seasons during which hunting is permitted.
 

Attachments

I received an email about a bow hunt for one exportable bull and 5 non exportable cow buffalo in Mozambique yesterday and it WAS a bow hunt. I’ll see if I can find it again and get the details.
Looked to be in the south of the country.
 
Found it.

3481EEF0-FB08-420E-9F9A-3D15AD85FB4F.jpeg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
UPDATE:
I believe that Mozambique has now set the minimum legal caliber requirements for dangerous game to be .375 Holland & Holland Magnum. I have verified this information through 3 sources.
Have the Moz government bothered to publish this anywhere yet? I've been scouring the interwebs and I can't find a reference to it.
 
Have the Moz government bothered to publish this anywhere yet? I've been scouring the interwebs and I can't find a reference to it.
I went to the Moz website and this is my results, so I emailed them just to "see" if I get a reply.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5926.png
    IMG_5926.png
    349 KB · Views: 113
Have the Moz government bothered to publish this anywhere yet? I've been scouring the interwebs and I can't find a reference to it.
I will be using my Rigby HS in 275 Rigby for my leopard there shooting 175 grain Nosler Partitions
 
Have heard mozambique doesn’t allow bow hunting for dangerous game? Lions and elephants. Is this correct?
 
Hunted in Mozambique November December 2024 with Zambezi Delta Safaris. Coutada 11. Phenomenal trip. Ben and Barbara were great hosts. Cape Buffalo, Sable and Nyala. 404 Jeffrey and 400gn Woodleigh handloads did a great job. Trip of a lifetime.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,308
Messages
1,572,375
Members
169,548
Latest member
LucioPrend
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top