Moving trophy collection advise

Completely agree on that. I'm willing to spend no more than $4500. I think that's a fair price. I drove Down to Georgia last month took me 17 hours. Besides my wife was not happy about that price

Completely agree on that. I'm willing to spend no more than $4500. I think that's a fair price. I drove Down to Georgia last month took me 17 hours. Besides my wife was not happy about that price

If your taxidermist is used to loading up trophies for transport, maybe he'd be willing for a cost to help you get a trailer loaded up the way he does it. Put a smaller amount of money into the loading and a trailer rental. Unloading it should be the easiest part of it all.

Heck you might find a good deal on a used enclosed trailer that you could buy and then sell it after you get to GA and make back most if not all of your money on the trailer.

I'm sure he has everything to transport. He does multi animal action scenes. That alone you need a large truck.

I hadn't thought about the risk of damage that Phil mentioned. I wonder, would your auto insurance cover any damages to the goods while in transit? Not worried about your driving, but the other crazies out there. I will keep watching this thread to see where you finally end up.

I hadn't thought about the risk of damage that Phil mentioned. I wonder, would your auto insurance cover any damages to the goods while in transit? Not worried about your driving, but the other crazies out there. I will keep watching this thread to see where you finally end up.
I doubt my insurance would cover any damage to my trophies. I'm hopeful it will work out in the end. $6500 is just too steep for me, but they may have me over a barrel.

Johnny,
Remember "you don't get what you deserve, you get what you negotiate for."
Any chance of working some of the cost into part of relocation package from your new employer? I was pleasantly surprised at the deal I worked out to move here from NM. Might be worth a try, all they can say is no.
Any man that has ever been married long enough is used to that! Lol
Good luck,
Cody

I doubt it.....unfortunately when we move down were going to take some long needed time to enjoy life and get the new house in order. Then begin the job hunting. luckily were " older" and we don't need long term employment.

Any of the major van lines will have experience moving taxidermy. Mayflower, United, Allied. They don't necessarily do it every day but they will have people with experience. If you are having one of them move the household goods, just have them price out moving all the taxidermy. Probably won't add more than $1k, maybe $2k to the price. Oversee the packing.

Really? I didn't check with them yet but I will. Thanks

Really? I didn't check with them yet but I will. Thanks

Many of their employees will have no experience with this. Some will. Just qualify both the salesman and the driver/packer who is responsible for your shipment. As with anything, watch what they are doing and verify it is done to your satisfaction.

That's my fear. Hell I can move them myself for a lot less money and damage them. Lol

I've decided after this thread to quit hunting as moving mounts is so much trouble. Instead I'm going to start collecting live animals so I can simply load them in my horse trailer! Lol

I don't believe that for a second. Lol

I've decided after this thread to quit hunting as moving mounts is so much trouble. Instead I'm going to start collecting live animals so I can simply load them in my horse trailer! Lol

Cody,

How much beer and scotch would you charge Johnny to go up and throw all his mounts in the horse trailer?

Please give the prices with and without the manure cleaned out. :A Shades: :A Shit:

:D Booze::D Beer Bottle: :D Cheers:

Cody,

How much beer and scotch would you charge Johnny to go up and throw all his mounts in the horse trailer?

Please give the prices with and without the manure cleaned out. :A Shades: :A Shit:

:D Booze::D Beer Bottle: :D Cheers:
Lol, if I were a tad closer to Jersey, I would not give a second thought to helping out! Besides I love Georgia, I walked, crawled and rolled all over Ft. Benning. I'm quite certain Victory Drive hasn't changed all that much in 20 something years! Lol. And there is never any additional charge for my bullshit! Not for my friends anyway!
Cheers,
Cody

Ok let's cut the shit literally lol. Just give me a price I'll cover the booze!

Ok let's cut the shit literally lol. Just give me a price I'll cover the booze!
Johnny,
I think two Italians, scotch and a horse trailer just might be the perfect storm!
But seriously if you decide to move yourself and need a hand let me know, I need to make it out to Jersey to see my Uncle anyhow and I'd help ya out anytime. Another route a guy could go is to buy a sea shipping container, usually around 1500 bucks near any port, load it up and put it on a truck. You could definitely stay under budget going that way. You could sell the container within hours on Craigslist when you were done.

Johnny,
I think two Italians, scotch and a horse trailer just might be the perfect storm!
But seriously if you decide to move yourself and need a hand let me know, I need to make it out to Jersey to see my Uncle anyhow and I'd help ya out anytime. Another route a guy could go is to buy a sea shipping container, usually around 1500 bucks near any port, load it up and put it on a truck. You could definitely stay under budget going that way. You could sell the container within hours on Craigslist when you were done.
All kidding aside I would definitely appreciate a hand. I live in New York, Long Island to be specific. I would definitely pay you for your time , fuel etc.

All kidding aside I would definitely appreciate a hand. I live in New York, Long Island to be specific. I would definitely pay you for your time , fuel etc.

When you looking at moving?

Not sure. Near future. Honestly maybe next summer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brendariedinnger

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

LIMPOPO NORTH SAFARIS wrote on RStien321's profile.
Dear RStien321

I noticed your thread this morning.

We would be thrilled to assit you as mentioned in my comment on your thread.

We as Limpopo North Safaris has numerous areas in limpopo that vary between 10 000 to 24 000 acres that we hunt that has all of the animals on your wish list furthermore we have great deal on cull buffalo cows and bulls.

Please let me know if you might be intrested.

Regards
Sampie
John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia