AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
KZN Hunting Shooting & Conservation
Hunted
South Africa, Zimbabwe, Sweden
I am planning on moving back home to SA (Natal) after a number of years living in the UK and I want to bring my left-handed rifles with me. I have been in touch with UK based exporters that can have the rifles sent to an international airport (most likely OR Tambo), but I need a South African firearms dealer to import them and store them until my various licenses are issued. I do currently have a firearms license in SA but would need to become a dedicated hunter through my club to own more than the usual number of rifles.
Can anyone recommend a reputable importer in SA that could help me out?

Thanks in advance.

I am planning on moving back home to SA (Natal) after a number of years living in the UK and I want to bring my left-handed rifles with me. I have been in touch with UK based exporters that can have the rifles sent to an international airport (most likely OR Tambo), but I need a South African firearms dealer to import them and store them until my various licenses are issued. I do currently have a firearms license in SA but would need to become a dedicated hunter through my club to own more than the usual number of rifles.
Can anyone recommend a reputable importer in SA that could help me out?

Thanks in advance.
I am currently looking into bringing in a 22Mag from Australia that I was gifted. I will be contacting someone tonight that is bringing in a rifle from Namibia (he has arranged with a gun shop in Bloem). I will get some info and pass it on to you as and when I get it.

Regards
Gary

I am currently looking into bringing in a 22Mag from Australia that I was gifted. I will be contacting someone tonight that is bringing in a rifle from Namibia (he has arranged with a gun shop in Bloem). I will get some info and pass it on to you as and when I get it.

Regards
Gary
Thanks!

Try Charles Montgomery from cape Town - city guns.

Johan Greyling...+27 82 701 0652. Can't remember the town, but he is a gun maker, not just a smith.

Member @Gert Odendaal can probably help you also.

Last edited:
Charle Montgomery from Cape Town would be your best bet he imports a lot of guns from Hollts each year best of all he could book all your firearms has his stock untill you get your dedicated status and rest in place.

cityguns.co.za

Attachments

• 2021-02-17 (18).png
    2021-02-17 (18).png
    3.2 MB · Views: 76
  • 2021-02-17 (19).png
    2021-02-17 (19).png
    959.7 KB · Views: 66
Last edited by a moderator:
Charle Montgomery from Cape Town would be your best bet he imports a lot of guns from Hollts each year best of all he could book all your firearms has his stock untill you get your dedicated status and rest in place.

cityguns.co.za
Suburban guns. Cityguns is a different company.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peterwallsman

Latest profile posts

Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!