Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI
Hunted
Cameroon, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Namibia, Uganda
My dad passed away 4 months ago, my siblings have contracted with Joe R. Pyle's Auction in Shinston, WV, to sell Dad's mounted animals. You will find everything from a shoulder mounted elephant to life size leopard and brown bear. If you decide to look up the animals being sold, go to Joe Pyle's Auction site, Page 4, go down a ways on the page and look for a listing that includes 'taxidermy'. Dad's item numbers are 313 up to 351. This auction will be live on August 26th, and if you'd like to bid now you may. When I stopped over earlier today to take some final pictures I couldn't help feel sad to see them go, then realized how blessed I was to go with Dad to Africa 3 times, Alaska, Canada numerous times, muskox hunting in Nunavut, went fishing way too many times to remember. A real mixture of emotions today!
thumbnail_IMG_9516.jpg

So sorry for your loss! I went online and viewed all his animals…what a life he must have lived with so many great memories! Each animal is beautiful!

Very nice trophies that your father collected. I did not see the leopard and elephant in the auction. Did they remove them?

Very nice trophies that your father collected. I did not see the leopard and elephant in the auction. Did they remove them?
Yes, my brother told me today the auction house has pulled 15 mounts, elephant, leopard, all the black bears and whitetail dear. Selling mounted animals is increasingly more difficult, nearly impossible to sell any north American wildlife. For example, the 4 black bears he shot in Canada cannot be sold because they are indigenous to Maryland, his state of residency.

Yes, my brother told me today the auction house has pulled 15 mounts, elephant, leopard, all the black bears and whitetail dear. Selling mounted animals is increasingly more difficult, nearly impossible to sell any north American wildlife. For example, the 4 black bears he shot in Canada cannot be sold because they are indigenous to Maryland, his state of residency.
I just went looking for the bear . That’s disappointing

Sorry for your loss.
I looked at the items. That elephant is amazing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarriKawam

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on MarcoPani's profile.
Happy Birthday, from Grahamstown, South Africa.
I hope your day is great!
Cheers
Marius
EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on Ilkay Taskin's profile.
Happy Birthday from Grahamstown, South Africa! I hope you have a great day!
Cheers, Marius
idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]