Mountain vs. Hartmann zebra

How I understand it you can export Hartmann zebra from SA but not Mountain zebra?

1. Is this correct?

2. What is the difference visually? Photos would be helpful if you have some.

A friend and I are going to SA this summer. He would like to shoot the zebra with the dewlap.

I feel like I have this organized with my outfitter, but my friend came back from Nashville with contradictory information. So just trying to get some clarity to my info.

Thanks for your assistance.
Cape Mountain zebra is not exportable. Others are. You will be unlikely to run into any Cape Mountain zebra.
 
I’ve been trying to find information on this since I read your post but can’t find it. I’d never heard of mountain zebra in Limpopo previously. Are the mountain zebra in Limpopo just Hartman zebra that have been transplanted there? or are they a native species?
remember Game farms have everything.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,382
Messages
1,574,658
Members
170,083
Latest member
AllieSams
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top