Moose attacks sled driver in Alaska

I live in South Africa and have never been to Alaska but my perception based on what I have seen on TV and what I have read is that anyone traveling in the Alaska wilderness should be carrying at very least a 10mm or 357 Magnum handgun .
 
Becca Moore #47 From Willow, Alaska (Figured it out!) I guess she isn’t new or naive.

ruger_super_redhawk_alaskan-300x193.jpgGoing for Alaska's namesake revolver, Moore packs a stainless steel Ruger Super Redhawk Alaskanin .44 Mag. with a 2.5-inch barrel.

"I'm really concerned with the number of moose in the first half of the race until we get well along on the Yukon River.”


Not to get to far off the unprepared mushers dilemma…

Here’s a good take on the gun that started WW1:
 

Attachments

  • Screen Shot 2022-02-14 at 10.30.40 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-02-14 at 10.30.40 AM.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 218
  • Screen Shot 2022-02-14 at 10.30.42 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-02-14 at 10.30.42 AM.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 163
  • Screen Shot 2022-02-14 at 10.30.55 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-02-14 at 10.30.55 AM.png
    689.7 KB · Views: 207
  • Screen Shot 2022-02-14 at 10.30.57 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-02-14 at 10.30.57 AM.png
    546.5 KB · Views: 153
Last edited by a moderator:
I have to admit I'm surprised she didn't pack something more approriate. She's from Alaska and moose are definitely a concern for mushers. She just learned a lesson the hard way.

Still, I hope she's able to get the team going and into the race. I guess I'll see in a few weeks when I hang out with friends at the ceremonial starts downtown.
 
My sister raised Pekingese. One family, who bought a dog from her, once went to the forest for mushrooms. The dog was left in the car. Moose were walking by, the dog was probably barking at them. The moose hoofed the car without missing a single body part.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,288
Messages
1,570,689
Members
168,964
Latest member
fernav
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
hunted So Africa 4 times and more to come
 
Top