Modern SXS

I have never seen one except on the on line dealers such as GI or Cabelas.
Like the RSM, they were too expensive to build. They couldn’t beat out the cheaper Italian doubles. And unlike the RSM they had classic lines but a very non-classic look. Most folks buying a SxS were more into nostalgia than practicality. The stainless steel action never fit that expectation. Wood to metal fit was also problematic - true on my son’s gun.

But they are very strong for their weight, handle steel, and have wonderful handling qualities.
 
look for well a used browning bss, don,t be afraid if it has bumps-lumps-dings-finish wear. mine now has all those things and has fired thousands of rounds over the last 51 years and is as tight today as the day it was made, also if you can find a older Charles daley double made by miroku, the same company that makes brownings.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,309
Messages
1,572,402
Members
169,558
Latest member
Joneseleepe
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top