Mechanical Broadhead Question

In my opinion speed is the last thing you should ever chase as a bow hunter except if you want to shoot heavier arrows at the same speed.
I have hunted and guided hundreds of these small critters in Africa and on Duiker and Steenbok both traditional hunters and compound shooters have an equal chance of hitting them well, "all other factors equal". That is to say if you are accurate enough.
What I always advise is to make your bow as quiet as possible and then double as quiet as that. Only shoot at a relaxed animal (and a drinking animal is not relaxed at all. More like a coiled spring.)
Then aim well, release well and follow through.

Well stated Fritz,
There are so many variables with a bow and no two shots will ever be the same.
The best you can do is make sure your equipment is set correctly, aim well, release well and follow through.

"OR JUST USE A SURE SIGHT" (y) it will improve your chances

Your Honor, the jury has reach a verdict:

After hearing much testimony from 4 different web sources I have decided to stay with the broadheads that has brought me to the dances with 50# and higher poundage bows. I am sticking with my long proven, dependable COC 3-blade, 125 gr. VPA's and Woodsmen Elite BH's.

I see nothing to convince me that a mechanical will out perform my COC, especially with a 50# bow. I do appreciate everyone's thoughts, views, and opinions.

I appreciate all responses that have been provided. Thanks

After hearing much testimony from 4 different web sources I have decided to stay with the broadheads that has brought me to the dances with 50# and higher poundage bows. I am sticking with my long proven, dependable COC 3-blade, 125 gr. VPA's and Woodsmen Elite BH's.

I see nothing to convince me that a mechanical will out perform my COC, especially with a 50# bow. I do appreciate everyone's thoughts, views, and opinions.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Never been a fan of mechanicals and never will be. The only category in which a mechanical will consistently out-perform a COC is in it's failure rate. Excellent choice and best of luck to you!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LouAlbers8

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]
Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa