McLaughlin's Dangerous Game - Peep sight, any experience?

deewayne2003

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Has anyone owned a big bore with a "Dangerous Game Model" sight from McLaughlin Metal Works?

I'm considering it for a .404J project I hope to resurrect in the future and having heard somewhere that you must pre order these sights as he makes them in batches.

The rifle is a BRNO 602 - The thought being to replace the factory reverse safety with a 3 position M70 style and have the sight mounted on the cocking piece.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-09-07 at 6.00.10 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-09-07 at 6.00.10 PM.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 84
  • Screen Shot 2022-09-07 at 6.00.14 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-09-07 at 6.00.14 PM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 72
  • Screen Shot 2022-09-07 at 6.00.16 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-09-07 at 6.00.16 PM.png
    333 KB · Views: 75
No experienceMc but had Wayne at AHR mill in a pop up peep in one of my Brno 602s. Have used and like a NECG peep that slides on the rear bridge of a CZ or Brno.

No experienceMc but had Wayne at AHR mill in a pop up peep in one of my Brno 602s. Have used and like a NECG peep that slides on the rear bridge of a CZ or Brno.
Machine in a peep sight…Thought about it, but I really want a windage adjustable rear sight.

As for the NECG clamp on peep sights, I had one on my .416Rigby RSM and loved it; but again I’d like the McLaughlin Rigby style sight.

So anyone have experience with them.

I hope it is "ghost ring" in configuration

The AHR machined in sight is adjustable for elevation and windage

John McLaughlin makes these sights for Rigby. Top drawer product.

Duane,
I have one of Johns peep sights on my 318 WR, it is a very nice product. It's is his standard model not the exact one your looking at, but close enough and John is a stand up guy.

Duane,
I have one of Johns peep sights on my 318 WR, it is a very nice product. It's is his standard model not the exact one your looking at, but close enough and John is a stand up guy.
@Proneshooter if it meets the standards of a rifle in you’re collection then that’s all the info I need.

@Nevada Mike If that is true - Rigby has one heck of a mark up, I remember the last DSC show before covid the Rigby order form showed the cocking piece sight as a $2,200 option.

Last edited:
...@Nevada Mike If that is true - Rigby has one heck of a mark up, I remember the last DSC show before covid the Rigby order form showed the cocking piece sight as a $2,200 option.
True dat... from John Mclaughlin himself.

I would go with a "ghost ring" on a .404J for close range, or just use express sights.

As long as your eyes are still good, when you learn to shoot a regular peep sight, you can come very close to scope-shooter accuracy out to at least 200 yards.

A "buffalo-rifle" shooter showed me a trick or 2 a few years ago about shooting iron sights.

I have to admit that I'm pretty impressed with myself with a Winchester Model 70 Featherweight in 6.5x55. Although it would not be my "go-to" rifle of choice for hunting.

Peep sights are not a good idea for a dg rifle. Rather fit a Ghost ring sight I have found that a large 8mm apperture works for me. You only want to see the front bead and the target and not the ring of the ghost ring sight. Fastest sight availible....
Bead target boom, your eye will automatically centre the bead in the ring you can use them with both eyes open

Peep sights are not a good idea for a dg rifle. Rather fit a Ghost ring sight I have found that a large 8mm apperture works for me. You only want to see the front bead and the target and not the ring of the ghost ring sight. Fastest sight availible....
Bead target boom, your eye will automatically centre the bead in the ring you can use them with both eyes open
Agreed on the large diameter rear sight, and I’ve decided on a white front bead sight.

DIFFERENT PEEPS FOR DIFFERENT RIFLES AND FOR DIFFERENT SHOOTERS.
Folding tang peep and folding barrel sights on same Winchester 1886 45-90 (.458 2.4 )
53432_600x400.jpg
53457_600x400.jpg

Proven in Africa and America.

Also proven on both continents, receiver sight on Winchester 1895 .405 WCF :
51985_600x400.jpg

All peeps have interchangeable eye pieces from small diameter for long range to Ghost rings.
Never heard of the referenced Mclaughlin sight, but bet it is not designed for lever actions.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoeyMcclar

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

DEAR SIR/MADAM,
DO YOU NEED FINANCE?
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR FINANCE?
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR FINANCE TO ENLARGE YOUR BUSINESS?
WE HELP INDIVIDUALS AND COMPANIES TO OBTAIN FINANCE FOR BUSINESS
EXPANDING AND TO SETUP A NEW BUSINESS RANGING ANY AMOUNT. GET FINANCE AT AFFORDABLE INTEREST RATE OF 3% contact us Pacific landing Whatsapp +91, Seven, Three, 0, Three, Three, Eight, Two, Six, Three, One
NYAMAZANA SAFARIS wrote on majorsafari's profile.
Trail cam image is of a cat we never took .. it’s not a great image but I can assure you it’s a very big cat . Other photo is of my client with his cat this year .
thokau wrote on Just a dude in BC's profile.
Hallo, ein Freund von mir lebt auf einer Farm in den Rocky Mountains.
Leider kam es dort in den letzten Wochen zu Bränden.
Hoffe es geht dir gut!?