Mauser Purchase

I have a number of commercial Oberndorf sporters, but this one is among my favorites: caliber 6.5X57, half round, half octagon barrel with a full length rib. Griffin & Howe windage adjustable side mount, the scope has been replaced with a Lyman Alaskan, custom stock, maker unknown, but fits beautifully.
Mauser 6.5X57(2) - Copy.jpg
Mauser 6.5X57(5) - Copy.jpg
Mauser 6.5X57(10).jpg
 
it is awful, but a drilling or combination gun would be a legendary predator gun if you put a scope on for before dark and a thermal for night shooting. I have considered it many times for some pesky coyotes and bobcats that seem to come out from all directions and distances.
He have many films of using a Bd14 ( Blaser Bock Drilling 1xshotgun and 1x small bore,1xlarge bore) drilling or R93 with nightscope on for deer culling ,and fox etc also. It works very good for his use and situations,
 
He have many films of using a Bd14 ( Blaser Bock Drilling 1xshotgun and 1x small bore,1xlarge bore) drilling or R93 with nightscope on for deer culling ,and fox etc also. It works very good for his use and situations,
This is probably the most mississippi thing you'll hear all day but we have a pretty serious beaver problem here. They are remarkably tough and I often see coyotes/bobcats/foxes while I'm waiting on them. I always thought a combo or drilling would be awesome with a night scope assuming you don't let the optic bite you.
 
This is probably the most mississippi thing you'll hear all day but we have a pretty serious beaver problem here. They are remarkably tough and I often see coyotes/bobcats/foxes while I'm waiting on them. I always thought a combo or drilling would be awesome with a night scope assuming you don't let the optic bite you.

You also have Bergstutzen, 1xsmall rifle,1 x larger. Blaser make them also, say .22 Hornet and 7x57R or other. Or 5,6x50 R , 8x57Jrs or somethint different

But a ordinary drilling with a insertion barrel you can put in i you need it would be a option also.

Some use drilling in 7x57R for Beaver,fox, roe deer and so here, Plus its Moose legal also.

Earlier Nightscope meant large bell size scope, x50,x56 . One with illuminated reticle would be a good option also.


I heard about a Foxshooter with a Blaser combogun he wanted the Zeiss then new model 6-24x72 on his combo. Gunstore here at first refused to sell him it ,said it would be for big, but he got it,and have taken countless fox and other game.


Blasers you can regulaze yourself,so it save good bi of time and ammo options.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,431
Messages
1,576,075
Members
170,512
Latest member
RacheleSke
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top