Mannlicher Schoenauer 1903 Halfstock Value?

Fallschirmjaeger

AH senior member
Reaction score
I was recently offered a halfstock MS 1903 by a gentleman for some guns I was selling. It has been drilled for a side mount unfortunately with no mount. I have not seen the gun, so I do not know if it is a take down rifle or not. I'm also unsure of the of the condition, but he stated it was in very good condition. The gentleman is also unsure of the value of the gun, but offered it to me as trade for one or possible two of my guns. I understand that the information provided is very limited, but would anyone have an idea of the basic value of one of these in the U.S.?

I was recently offered a halfstock MS 1903 by a gentleman for some guns I was selling. It has been drilled for a side mount unfortunately with no mount. I have not seen the gun, so I do not know if it is a take down rifle or not. I'm also unsure of the of the condition, but he stated it was in very good condition. The gentleman is also unsure of the value of the gun, but offered it to me as trade for one or possible two of my guns. I understand that the information provided is very limited, but would anyone have an idea of the basic value of one of these in the U.S.?
Need a little more information. When was the rifle proofed?I am assuming it is a 6.5x54.

Any Mannlicher Schoenhauer is worth at minimum $1000. Pre ww1 rifles $1500.

Has a pad been added, or wood or metal redone? If so, detract for that. Make sure any leaf site or the set screw for the double set triggers is present. Got burned on the later without catching it - almost unattainium. Plus if peep site, cleaning rod in the butt plate trap door or English name on the barrel. Bore condition should be checked. These are great guns! true classics.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ShaniGofor

Latest profile posts

Redfishga1 wrote on gearguywb's profile.
I would be interested in the ruger if the other guy is not.
Bartbux wrote on franzfmdavis's profile.
Btw…this was Kuche….had a great time.
Sorry to see your troubles on pricing.

Happy to call you and talk about experience…I’m also a Minnesota guy.
Ready for the next hunt