Maneaters of Tsavo: Follow Up and Questions

The tiger looks very much like a domestic cat and so does his behavior. I am never afraid of lions in Africa, but with tigers it was different. In the short time that I hunted in Malaysia, I was always careful what tigers concern. They attack from ambush and that is why it is difficult to protect yourself from them in the dense jungle. The chance in the area was that there was a lot of prey for the tiger so it did not pose too much problems for the human people.

The tiger looks very much like a domestic cat and so does his behavior. I am never afraid of lions in Africa, but with tigers it was different. In the short time that I hunted in Malaysia, I was always careful what tigers concern. They attack from ambush and that is why it is difficult to protect yourself from them in the dense jungle. The chance in the area was that there was a lot of prey for the tiger so it did not pose too much problems for the human people.
Did you ever bag a Malaysian tiger ? What game animals did you bag in Malaysia ?

When I was a young man studying Environmental Management in the University of London, I had the good fortune to meet Colonel Arthur Locke once. He used to be the District Commissioner in a rural part of Malaysia between 1949-1951 and he had shot 19 Malayan tigers in rural Kemaman.

I only shot four wild boars and one Sambar stag in Malaysia in 1977.

Did you ever bag a Malaysian tiger ? What game animals did you bag in Malaysia ?

When I was a young man studying Environmental Management in the University of London, I had the good fortune to meet Colonel Arthur Locke once. He used to be the District Commissioner in a rural part of Malaysia between 1949-1951 and he had shot 19 Malayan tigers in rural Kemaman.

I only shot four wild boars and one Sambar stag in Malaysia in 1977.

Tigers were in this time strictly protected in Malaysia. We hunted above all buffaloes, problem animals that caused unrest especially in the palm oil plantations, less or hardly at all in the Hevea plantations. I had the chance to shot a very big wild boar. I tried to shot a sambar deer and for this reason I often sat on a Machan and wait for it, but unfortunately I never saw one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FloyMoorin

Latest profile posts

Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!
We are doing a cull hunt this week!