www.tokoloshesafaris.info
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Member of
Life Member Safari International, Life Members Dallas Safari Club
Hunted
Zimbabwe, South Africa, Tanzania
Knowing elephant and having grown up on Corbett. I thought I had a bit of knowledge of India and elephant.

Early this morning I had you tube on and heard a very interesting.
The title name was The Mad elephant Mandala or something close to that.

The elephant had escaped his handler took to the forest and proceeded to destroy villages, kill around 50 people many of which he ate. In one case snatching a baby from a womans arms and popping it in its mouth.

I was half awake when I was listening to this so may have some mistakes of what I heard. The year was about 1871.

I hope to pull it up again, but maybe somebody can share their knowledge.

Lon

Screenshot 2024-09-14 at 8.30.46 AM.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Any Validity?

Lon

Impossible. An elephant’s dental structure doesn’t permit the chewing of flesh. It can’t digest flesh for that matter either.

When I was the DFO (Divisional Forest Officer) in charge of the Chittagong Hill Tracts, we encountered a report a wild Asiatic jungle elephant bull which had “Eaten” 11 people. We quickly found out that the elephant had gored people with it’s tusks and trampled/crushed them to death. But there was no actual evidence of the elephant eating people.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SharynNova

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Read more at the link about our 40000 acre free range kudu area we will also be posting a deal on the deals page soon!
Our predator control is going very well
Looking for brass or reloads for 475noz2 Jefferies ammo. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Charles