Lufthansa fees

Frederik Badenhorst

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hi guys !

I just want to ask stupid question.

I am planning to fly from Western Canada to Windhoek via Frankfurt with Lufthansa in the near future and I see their fees for transporting a rifle is about 250 Euro for long intercontinental flights.
Is this fee charged per rifle on both legs of the trip or is it a once of fee per passenger flying with rifles return?

Cheers

Frederik

Hi
Per leg and per case
Quite true. But ! If your rifle (disassembled) fits in your case it’s free. Been there, done that. You will find that in their information section on baggage.
it worked for me last month down to Windhoek and across Europe several times in the last couple of years.

I just flew with them last month and if you call and have your rifle added to your ticket it will go as your second checked bag. I payed NO extra fees for my rifle.

The case may not exceed 158 cm (l x w x h), if you have 2 pieces of luggage included the weapon is free of charge.
But you need to add the service "WEAP" upfront by phone.

End of August I will fly with a friend FRA-JNB with Lufthasa, it´s confirmed free of charge for the weapons.

In my case the fees were added during the check in in windhoek.on the return flght No thing to do with lufthansa , it s à way for them in local to do business. For me it only depends on the People you will be in contact with. I did à claim. It took à long time. But it failed

Sure pays to check for any baggage fees--friends from Lithuania got hit for $210 ea checked bag for a flight on Fontier that only cost $99

Not a big fan of Lufthansa right now. Flight was delayed resulting in a missed connection and about a 24 hr delay. Now they're saying this flight is delayed.

The Lufthansa is not exactly the reference when it comes to transporting weapons and trophies. Many german hunters, and me as a Frenchman who lives in Germany too, avoid flying with Lufthansa when it comes to a hunting trip. Air France is a little better but not ideal either.

Quite true. But ! If your rifle (disassembled) fits in your case it’s free. Been there, done that. You will find that in their information section on baggage.
it worked for me last month down to Windhoek and across Europe several times in the last couple of years.
so that I understand, this means that I can fly with my Express rifle inside my suit case free of additional charge?

so that I understand, this means that I can fly with my Express rifle inside my suit case free of additional charge?
That’s what I do. You have to ring ahead to the call centre to inform them of the fact. They ok it and you are good to go. The information will be tagged to your booking reference.
bear in mind that your ammunition must travel separately to your firearm. That means a second bag. Alternatively select what factory ammunition shoots well in your rifle then source it in your country of destination or let your PH find it

According to the website you can take 2 guns but speaking to service agents they say only one rifle per passenger…I just hate the confusion

According to the website you can take 2 guns but speaking to service agents they say only one rifle per passenger…I just hate the confusion
I believe the correct answer is that they allow 1 gun case per passenger with a maximum of 2 guns per case. At least that's how it is in any airlines.
Many cases by asking you run into he people that are ignorant about their own rules and they provide the wrong information.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jubrin023

Latest profile posts

DEAR SIR/MADAM,
DO YOU NEED FINANCE?
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR FINANCE?
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR FINANCE TO ENLARGE YOUR BUSINESS?
WE HELP INDIVIDUALS AND COMPANIES TO OBTAIN FINANCE FOR BUSINESS
EXPANDING AND TO SETUP A NEW BUSINESS RANGING ANY AMOUNT. GET FINANCE AT AFFORDABLE INTEREST RATE OF 3% contact us Pacific landing Whatsapp +91, Seven, Three, 0, Three, Three, Eight, Two, Six, Three, One
NYAMAZANA SAFARIS wrote on majorsafari's profile.
Trail cam image is of a cat we never took .. it’s not a great image but I can assure you it’s a very big cat . Other photo is of my client with his cat this year .
thokau wrote on Just a dude in BC's profile.
Hallo, ein Freund von mir lebt auf einer Farm in den Rocky Mountains.
Leider kam es dort in den letzten Wochen zu Bränden.
Hoffe es geht dir gut!?