Loss of faith in gun

The Cynergy fixed most of not all of the issues with double triggers. I love mine and wouldn't trade it for anything. That said, Browning chose to make it hideous in a market full of buyers who value a very traditional aesthetic.

That, said, I have spent a LOT of time fighting autos to make them run right, which is why I generally prefer bolt or break open guns.

Not quite the same as losing faith in a gun, but i once bought a Franchi 28 gauge semi auto that I thought would be a fun quail gun. No matter what ammo I put through it, that thing kicked like a mule and even simple target loads for clays was severely worse than shooting a 12 gauge with 3.5" magnum turkey or goose loads. I'm not generally recoil sensitive, and that was when I regularly shot about a case of shells per week. But I hated shooting that gun, and traded it in at a gun show for a small profit and a huge headache lifted.

When I started clay shooting, my father, who had been into regional and national trap shooting competition with very positive results for long time, told me to buy as my starter weapon either a Beretta 680 series or a Perazzi. Anything else wasn't worth to be considered in his opinion.

At that time I was unsure if I would have enjoyed or not clay shooting, so I chose to stay low on budget and away from Perazzi, and got myself into a 2004 Beretta 682 Gold E Sporting. I did my research and any reviewer was positively talking about this over under shotgun.

The gun came with a selective trigger commanded by inertial block, but I soon found there was no way to make that trigger reset on upper barrel after first shot on lower barrel. Otherwise choosing to shoot first upper barrel, the trigger would correctly reset on lower barrel with absolute reliability. The worse thing was that more I digged into the problem, further I found forum threads, discussions and other topics talking about that same issue experienced by shooters all around the globe. It was pointless to have it tried by other shooters, it wasn't an issue due to shotshells or my shooting stance.

I guess the reason is one of those mysteries yet to be solved, but if I knew this before I wouldn't have chose this gun in the first place. It seems that people having this issue only solution is to convert the inertial to mechanical trigger. That's exactly what I had to do in order to solve my problem with the gun, and have it consistent.
I also have a Beretta 6xx Ultralite and it also has an inertial trigger. I got a Beretta double trigger set installed almost immediately just because I happen to like double triggers. First time out both barrels fired; the grouse almost exploded. Minor adjustment and all's well.

Some better part of 25 plus year ago I just had to have a Browning Citori. But I also couldn't afford one just yet. I ended up with one of the original Benelli SBE's. But after shooting in a trap league, I finally gave in and added a Citori and decided to use it lieu of the Benelli at the next trap season.

Well I couldn't hardly manage to hit the stink on a steaming pile of cow shit with it. My trap scores (which normally ran a modest 21-22 out of 25) plummeted to mid to upper teens. Midway through the league season I put the Citori away and returned to my SBE which had become an extension of my arm in hunting season. My scores went up and I sheepishly accepted most improved shoot for that season.

The Citori went away to someone I can't even remember. The Benelli is still in my cabinet and functions as flawlessly today as it did then. I've no idea why I was so awful with the O/U. The idiot in me keeps wanting to try it again, perhaps with a 20ga this time.

Please talk me out of this insanity!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MariCurrie

Latest profile posts

Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]