Looking for something interesting to hunt while in Africa….. short notice

JGC

Reaction score
I’m currently working in Kenya/Tanzania and it looks like I’m going to end up with 10-12 days off around the 12th of September. Obviously short notice but if someone has room in camp or a last minute cancellation I’d like to get out and chase something.
I can fly anywhere obviously, doesn’t have to be Tanzania. So SA, Zim, Zam…. Let me know what you have and we’ll try and put something together

Thanks

Tanzania is not going to be budget friendly as SA or Namibia will be. Budget will play key factor in what you do. 7 day plains game in SA can be cheap as $2500 range and up depending on species. I would recommend a package hunt in SA or Namibia

Look up burchell wolf in Namibia. They had a great population of damara dik-dik when I was there a few weeks ago. Not sure if that interest you not.

Tanzania is not going to be budget friendly as SA or Namibia will be. Budget will play key factor in what you do. 7 day plains game in SA can be cheap as $2500 range and up depending on species. I would recommend a package hunt in SA or Namibia
Thanks Shaw

I’ve hunted here a few times already, so I’m fairly familiar with what things cost. Not really interested in a $2500 plains game hunt or a package in SA or Namibia. As the title says I’m looking for something interesting on a short notice time frame….

Thanks Shaw

I’ve hunted here a few times already, so I’m fairly familiar with what things cost. Not really interested in a $2500 plains game hunt or a package in SA or Namibia. As the title says I’m looking for something interesting on a short notice time frame….
Maybe list some of the animals you are interested in and that will give guys and idea of what your after. There was a elephant hunt in Zimbabae posted not long ago for 15k. Could be something you might be into.

I am finishing with a hunt on September 11.
Taking clients back to Johannesburg on September 12 so can pick you up the morning of September 13 in Johannesburg.
We are about 7 hours drive from Johannesburg situated in the Kalahari desert.
We have lots of game to hunt.
Maybe a buffalo hunt will interest you or a sable or roan hunt.
What about night animals?
How about a lion hunt although the time is very limited to organize the hunting license and permits for a lion hunt on such short notice.
Let us know what you regard as "interesting"

Sincerely
Hans de Klerk

If u keen on a buff hunt can surely help you out

Look
Forward to your response

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ShantellMc

Latest profile posts

Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]