Looking For RL-15 Powder In VA/Western NC

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-02-07 at 11.07.01 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-02-07 at 11.07.01 AM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 63
  • Screen Shot 2021-02-07 at 11.07.03 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-02-07 at 11.07.03 AM.png
    674.1 KB · Views: 63
Not to troll the thread, but the original ask with “preferably in VA” is really asking for too much. Right now, saying you’ll buy for 4x retail, and buy 5-10, and pay the hazmat charges, *might* get you some. The scarcity and price of powder and other components right now cannot be understated. People are paying $40-$50 for a box of .38s or 9mms right now.

I don’t currently reload, but I will buy all the RL15, RL19, and IMR4350 anyone wants to sell me for MSRP so I can start loading for cartridges I need. (Crickets will be all I hear)

Not trying to be a jerk, but suggesting you need to roll heavy, up your game, and bend over to get what you want right now. If you can put it off for 12-18 months you’ll get everything you need for fair prices again. In the interim, you need to be prepared for 500% markup.

Not to troll the thread, but the original ask with “preferably in VA” is really asking for too much. Right now, saying you’ll buy for 4x retail, and buy 5-10, and pay the hazmat charges, *might* get you some. The scarcity and price of powder and other components right now cannot be understated. People are paying $40-$50 for a box of .38s or 9mms right now.

I don’t currently reload, but I will buy all the RL15, RL19, and IMR4350 anyone wants to sell me for MSRP so I can start loading for cartridges I need. (Crickets will be all I hear)

Not trying to be a jerk, but suggesting you need to roll heavy, up your game, and bend over to get what you want right now. If you can put it off for 12-18 months you’ll get everything you need for fair prices again. In the interim, you need to be prepared for 500% markup.
I understand what you’re saying, I’m just starting somewhere and seeing what happens. Acting accordingly if you will. Cheers

Trying to find RL-15 powder in VA (preferably southwest VA). Any help would greatly appreciated.
@SkullKeeper
If'n you can't get RL15 you could try Varget or depending on what you are reloading Hogdon CFE223 may work as it can be used in a plethora of cartridges from 222 Remington up to the 35 Whelen and possibly more.
Bob

Good luck! It’s tough to find anything right now. I’d like to do some load development with RL17 for my 9.3x62. I’ve pretty much resigned myself to waiting until this craziness is over.

Good luck! It’s tough to find anything right now. I’d like to do some load development with RL17 for my 9.3x62. I’ve pretty much resigned myself to waiting until this craziness is over.
@WAB
Try Hogdon CFE223 works well in the Whelen and gives it good velocities and great accuracy in mine. Also suitable for the 9.3x62.
Bob

@SkullKeeper
If'n you can't get RL15 you could try Varget or depending on what you are reloading Hogdon CFE223 may work as it can be used in a plethora of cartridges from 222 Remington up to the 35 Whelen and possibly more.
Bob
Thank you Bob. I’m loading for my 450#2. I’ve not seen any data using those 2 powders yet but I’ll keep it in mind

@WAB
Try Hogdon CFE223 works well in the Whelen and gives it good velocities and great accuracy in mine. Also suitable for the 9.3x62.
Bob
Thanks Bob, just checked all the usual suspects, sold out everywhere. Not a big deal as I've got a great load for the rifle, I'd just like to get away from a compressed load if I can and I think RL17 may do the trick.

Thank you Bob. I’m loading for my 450#2. I’ve not seen any data using those 2 powders yet but I’ll keep it in mind
@SkullKeeper.
Varget is very similar to RL15 and CFE223 sits between Varget and H4350. So both should be suitable for your needs.
I will try and look up some loads for you.
Bob.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sara29R474

Latest profile posts

Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]