Looking for more reach then my .375 ..options?

338 Lapua and the 338 Norma with 300 grain bullets will match or exceed most 375 calibers muzzle energy and at distance are extremely impressive. My 338 Lapua delivers more energy at 600 yards than my 7 PRC with a 170gr at the muzzle. Recoil from these rifles is impressive in a hunting weight rifle and will require a brake which most people will not enjoy. I use a Thunderbeast 338 Ultra on my 338 Lapua and it tames the rifle some but it still pushes on you pretty good. I load mine with 300gr Berger OTM bullets and they kill good, are accurate, and have a great BC. I would strongly consider the 300 PRC or 300 Norma for a long range hunting rifle. Loaded with heavier bullets they can deliver over 4000ftlbs of muzzle energy and will not have near the recoil as the 338’s.

Gemsbok taken at 570 yards with my 338 Lapua.
IMG_4547.jpeg

Some Great responses for reference.
But in reality, we need to limit our responses to what @charlieB12345 is DIRECTLY wanting /needing!!

We (community members) must try to understand what and relate our experiences and relative knowledge and information as to: What the OP is wanting/ requiring/ asking/ etc., etc., rather than dispense "obscure or otherwise irrelevant information that has little to no reference to the OP's inquiry.

That said,......

Awaiting OP's response to my previous question.

Moose/bear/african Plans game
beyond 300 yards is a VERY long shot on a moose, i guide brown bears and would not let you shoot at one at 300 yards if you were my client.

i suspect that 300 is a very long shot in africa for PG as well.

as stated earlier, use a 270/or 250 gr bullet (a good quality one) and it will shoot faster out of your H&H.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bvhgdfvcgf6586

Latest profile posts

TAG SAFARI wrote on mvalden's profile.
Wishing you a Happy Birthday!
TAG SAFARI wrote on K31's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on davidg8480's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on Daven22s's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on bobdahunter84's profile.