Looking for Experiences

Courtney’s, Bungee and a Pithy (decent hat) sounds like a great experience. As long as you add a hunt.

The worms, what do you wash them down with?
Chibuku, opaque indigenous beer, like thin porridge, you strain it through your front teeth. Pleasant taste, but kicks like a giraffe.

Hello and thank you for letting me join this site!

I like on the west side of Michigan. I've hunted about all of my life (in my upper 40s). The last decade or so I've made at least one trip a year out west and love the vastness of the country. I consider myself more of an experience driven hunter than a trophy hunter. Don't get me wrong, big is big and I'd love to shoot a truly big animal. I just put more weights towards the whole picture. Where the hunt takes place, who I'm hunting with, the shot scenario, the stalk and so on. This is what brought me to this site. I think Africa is the adventure of all adventures with the diversity of terrain and game.

I look forward to learning from everyone, Brian

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH Gowest!

I go "home" to hunt Montana every year. It's not the same place it was growing up but if I wait till the end of the season I can still find places where I can be truly alone hunting under the Big Sky.
20231121_113037.jpg

Africa was a whole different ballgame. I wasn't sure it would be for me. But after two days I knew I'd be back. Four safaris so far and working on one for next year.
20220821_094540.jpg

Enjoy your time planning on AH. Welcome

Welcome!

If your an experience guy than Africa is the ticket! Now even Asia is a pretty big experience and fits right up there with Africa, but they are different as in for me I personally enjoy the African experience more than the Asia experience I did love Pakistan but not more than I’ve loved any of my African adventures. I find the time with the staff and trackers in Africa to be a great time learning how their lives work trying to teach a tracker English while he teaches me Swahili was something I looked forward to daily. Than you get the sights, sounds, and smells of safari that can’t be matched you see so many different game species while on a Safari even if it’s in the darkest forest of Cameroon, the food is incredible along the way and the smells of Africa are just something I wish I could bottle up. A Mopane fire at the end of day in the bush is something everyone should experience once.

I go "home" to hunt Montana every year. It's not the same place it was growing up but if I wait till the end of the season I can still find places where I can be truly alone hunting under the Big Sky.
View attachment 609076
Africa was a whole different ballgame. I wasn't sure it would be for me. But after two days I knew I'd be back. Four safaris so far and working on one for next year.
View attachment 609080
It looks like we hunt similar country in Montana. It’s my happy place:).

Greetings Gowest (Brian),

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

When you get around to it, have a look into the Khomas Safaris website.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog (Paul).

IMG_1958.png
IMG_2014.png
IMG_1981.png
IMG_1935.png
IMG_1801.png
IMG_1798.png
IMG_1791.png
IMG_1686.png
IMG_1685.png
IMG_1671.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome!

If your an experience guy than Africa is the ticket! Now even Asia is a pretty big experience and fits right up there with Africa, but they are different as in for me I personally enjoy the African experience more than the Asia experience I did love Pakistan but not more than I’ve loved any of my African adventures. I find the time with the staff and trackers in Africa to be a great time learning how their lives work trying to teach a tracker English while he teaches me Swahili was something I looked forward to daily. Than you get the sights, sounds, and smells of safari that can’t be matched you see so many different game species while on a Safari even if it’s in the darkest forest of Cameroon, the food is incredible along the way and the smells of Africa are just something I wish I could bottle up. A Mopane fire at the end of day in the bush is something everyone should experience once.
Especially mopane fire, that smell is unique. Coffee, early morning Africa and mopane fire. Then you can think clearly.
IMG_1702.jpeg

Welkom! For me the same; it is the experience, the different cultures, scenery and diversity of animals that count not the size of the trophies.

Enjoy the Forum!

Hello and welcome!

Good morning
Hello and thank you for letting me join this site!

I like on the west side of Michigan. I've hunted about all of my life (in my upper 40s). The last decade or so I've made at least one trip a year out west and love the vastness of the country. I consider myself more of an experience driven hunter than a trophy hunter. Don't get me wrong, big is big and I'd love to shoot a truly big animal. I just put more weights towards the whole picture. Where the hunt takes place, who I'm hunting with, the shot scenario, the stalk and so on. This is what brought me to this site. I think Africa is the adventure of all adventures with the diversity of terrain and game.

I look forward to learning from everyone, Brian
Good morning and welcome from the Top O' the Mitt.
There is terrific group of men and women here!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowell8499

Latest profile posts

T/C wrote on Dewald's profile.
Hi Dewald,
I am looking for a copy of Wright's "Shooting the British Double Rifle" (3E).
Please PM me (T/C) if you still have one.
Thank you very much in advance!!!
I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg