Looking for CZ550 spare bolt

teklanika_ray

Reaction score
I am having a 505 Gibbs built, and the smith has a barrel change option. I'm thinking it might be useful to be able to swap out to a 375 H&H, but I need a second bolt. Any idea where a new or used CZ 550 bolt can be sourced from?

Long actions with a bolt face .Dia of .540.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Last edited:
I am having a 505 Gibbs built, and the smith has a barrel change option. I'm thinking it might be useful to be able to swap out to a 375 H&H, but I need a second bolt. Any idea where a new or used CZ 550 bolt can be sourced from?

Long actions with a bolt face .Dia of .540.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

I'm going to ask the obvious.

Have you contacted CZ for a new bolt?
Have you asked CZ; Is the .375H&H receiver strong enough to handle 505 Gibbs pressures?

Not meaning to be derogatory or asinine. Just thinking things out.

Sort of like, Just because it seems to be a good idea at the time doesn't always mean it's the safest thing to do in the long term.

The cz 550 magnum action comes in two pressur grades. 416 action is higher in strength than the 375 action. But 505 cartridge is not a high pressur cartridge. How ever it could be loaded for higher pressure that could be a problem.
Krish

I would think the feed and magazine proportions would preclude a two barrel take-down in 375HH and 505 gibbs? Might be worth asking Wayne at AHR, he’d know, and he has spare actions to obtain a bolt.

Out of safety, I’d be worried about the mismatch of two bolts a little bit. If I was going down this path I think I’d stick with one bolt, and have one barrel 375HH and the other 458 Lott. Feed and bolt face would be very similar, hence why this is a popular two barrel combo.

But by all means, if you can make it work, it would be a very cool two barrel setup.

More over spare bolt will cost you dear penny. Then you have to get work done on the mag.box, feed rails, feed ramp, may be even mag springs. If nag is modified then you have to machine the bottom plate and receiver. Lot of work and money. Cheaper to buy a already built 505G than re inventing it. Even if you change the bolt then serial number with action won't match.
Krish

Last edited:
A friend lost a 550-bolt, ended up buying a complete rifle to strip for parts.

But-will an action converted to 505 feed 375hh?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
njohh

Latest profile posts

TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]
Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa