Looking for advice, what are the best outfitters in the eastern cape?

My wife and I are planning our honeymoon and have decided a week hunting in Africa would be ideal (I know I hit the jackpot marrying her). I also know it’s a vague question, but there are so many options and so little information I can dig up about any of these outfitters. We both want to hunt plains animals, at least 2 Kudu and she wants a Zebra. Any suggestions? Sorry if this is the wrong place to post, please direct me where to post if this is incorrect.
Frontier Safaris is among the oldest and best operators there. They own a 75,000 acre game ranch and their 10 Day/12 animal/$7000 package can not be beat for a first timer.

Have hunted the Eastern Cape twice. Once with KMG and once with another operation. Very impressed with the quality of animals we seen and passed on as well as the ones we took. Old lady recommends KMG as well.
7776D6BF-8F10-491A-B64D-A845CD036CC9.jpeg

Still suggesting Nick Bowker, low fence, value adds up. Free camp rifles with ammo, great rifles and glass. Out of this world food. I am sure other really good outfits here but can say without a doubt. GO with Nick and you also will be singing his praises here. Shout out to PH Ben Pringle check Nick on YouTube for a better idea.
however you go realize this will not be a one time deal. Africa will see you again after you first trip.
Enjoy -excited for you and your bride-congratulations

0E92BA62-6B66-4010-9128-D93C9E216C19.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Take a look at @Byron Hapgood report from his hunt with @GAME 4 AFRICA SAFARIS. I think Byron got the wedding anniversary special.

It was special indeed

Many great outfits are mentioned here for hunting. The question is do you want to do nonhunting experiences. My perception is that there are more non-hunting things to do around Limpopo than the eastern Cape. The eastern cape shooting distances will be greater than Limpopo. Limpopo is thicker - heavier bush. Good outfits in both places I have hunted with TalleyHO in Limpopo and Nick Bowker in the Eastern Cape (3x) like others great outfits. Where ever you decide I wish you a great time

Congrats on the bride. A good woman is hard to come by so one that will hunt with you is a prize. There are so one really good folks operating in the EC. The place I would recommend would be TAM Safaris. Steven and Peter will take good care of you for sure. They are on 80 thousand acres and have lots of quality animals. Food is outstanding as is the staff. Have Buff, Rhino, and Lion on property as well. Good luck!!

you now have a great list of company's now so start looking at hunt reports and start sending emails to them. but along with your hunt start thinking about airline tickets, a couple of days before the hunt lots to see and do also you will stay overnight in Joburg to catch a flight to Port Elizabeth the next morning so you might take an extra day there to relax from the very long flight from Oregon and don't forget rifle permits or ask about rifle hire. not to worry you but you have a lot of homework to do. have fun and good luck

Karoo Wild gets my vote…Lindsay will treat your spouse well, they offer lots of non-hunting activities and tours. Victor will ensure you get some great trophies. Very nice lodge as well.

I am biased I guess. Gerrit with Bos en Dal. Five trips and number six booked. You will have the camp to yourselves. He does not mix groups. Just you and camp staff.

My wife and I are planning our honeymoon and have decided a week hunting in Africa would be ideal (I know I hit the jackpot marrying her). I also know it’s a vague question, but there are so many options and so little information I can dig up about any of these outfitters. We both want to hunt plains animals, at least 2 Kudu and she wants a Zebra. Any suggestions? Sorry if this is the wrong place to post, please direct me where to post if this is incorrect.
I hunt with Frontier Safaris is the EC and Namibia. You would also love Namibia And that is where I would suggest you consider Having your honeymoon. There are plenty of options but ask about what acreage they own and or hunt.
Have a great time!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwbybill

Latest profile posts

John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg
cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's
ghay wrote on professor's profile.
Hello,
Would you consider selling just the Barnes 235's and 250g TTSX's?
Hunt27 wrote on Tra3's profile.
Spain, i booked through a consultant, i book almost everything through him now and he's done me right. his contact 724 986 7206 if interested and he will have more info to share,
I hunted elephant with Luke Samaris in 2005. It was my fourth safari and I tell you he is a fine gentleman the best. I got the opportunity to meet Patty Curtis, although never hunted with him but enjoyed our conversation around our tent in the Selous. Very sad for a tough guy to leave this world the way he did. Let’s pray the murderers are caught. I hope to see Luke in Nashville.