Looking for a Great Custom Gun Stock

If you could get a custom stock made would you do it?

• Yes

Votes: 13 92.9%
  • No

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters

Morga

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hello all wanted to just list 2 great companies for getting the stock of your dreams made,

1. This mans selection of wood stock blanks is just amazing if you want something truly unique you should see what he has to offer, send hi a Email to see far more then what is on his standard page. Cecil has had a passion for hunting in Africa as well.

https://www.gunstockblanks.com/

2. Red Desert Rifles, Chad is a master as bringing out the life in a rifle by making unique one of a kind stocks and custom work , including making a rifle for the Huntress, Julie McQueen. Take a look at his Gallery and facebook. I will be carrying one of these Exquisite firearms on my trip to the RSA.

https://reddesertrifles.com/index.html

Please tell them Sean sent you ,

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-05-01 at 8.45.08 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-01 at 8.45.08 AM.png
    5.2 MB · Views: 98
  • Screen Shot 2020-05-01 at 8.45.16 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-01 at 8.45.16 AM.png
    6.5 MB · Views: 84
Hunting rifle, composite material, LR BR, custom made stock.

A custom made stock is certainly a luxury I would enjoy.
Since you said "gun" stock, I'd opt for a properly fitted O/U 12 bore and 20 bore shotguns.
Second on the list would be a Kipplauf rifle, then I'd consider a repeater.
Cheers and good luck.

A custom made stock is certainly a luxury I would enjoy.
Since you said "gun" stock, I'd opt for a properly fitted O/U 12 bore and 20 bore shotguns.
Second on the list would be a Kipplauf rifle, then I'd consider a repeater.
Cheers and good luck.

Take a look at the work Chad does for Red Desert Rifles despite the name makes beautiful shotgun stocks

Take a look at the work Chad does for Red Desert Rifles despite the name makes beautiful shotgun stocks
I appreciate the reference, but I'm recovering from a Blaser R8 addiction.
It may be quite some time before I can afford such things. :D

All my wildcat rifles have custom stocks made by "Accurate Innovations", https://www.aigunstocks.com/

They can go simple laminate like this.

or Bastogne walnut like this.

I had laminate stock on my .458 wildcat and they are making a Turkish walnut stock for it, should be ready in a few weeks.

I appreciate the reference, but I'm recovering from a Blaser R8 addiction.
It may be quite some time before I can afford such things. :D

Oh ye we all have our addictions , for improving our passions .

All my wildcat rifles have custom stocks made by "Accurate Innovations", https://www.aigunstocks.com/

They can go simple laminate like this.

or Bastogne walnut like this.

I had laminate stock on my .458 wildcat and they are making a Turkish walnut stock for it, should be ready in a few weeks.

I like that walnut , here is the blank I am having worked on for the 300 Winchester mag, a Extreme Dark Striped Bastogne Walnut. Second one down you may have seen it already.

700 19 B 1.jpg
700 19 B 2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have used several custom stock makers over the years. Among others, I have a magnificent Al Lind stocked 7x57 and .404 Jeffery built and stocked by Craig Libhart. I prefer a classic design exhibiting English or Continental influence. I can't imagine owning one of the Red Desert Rifles in your link with their exaggerated cheek pieces. They seem like an over the top throw back to the 1970's California style. However, if you like them and want them on your rifles, you should certainly invest. It is what a custom rifle is all about.

LeRoy Barry at Canyon Creek does excellent work as well. He is the stock maker for AHR.

I like that walnut , here is the blank I am having worked on for the 300 Winchester mag, a Extreme Dark Striped Bastogne Walnut. Second one down you may have seen it already.

Wow, very nice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SusannahMo

Latest profile posts

I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg
cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's