yhc

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Member of
NRA Life Member
Hunted
USA, Germany, Austria, South Africa
I have a Docter red dot on my VC double rifle. The lever arm to tighten the scope on the rifle is disintegrating (see attached photos). Do you know where I might be able to find the replacement part or a replacement base altogether?

I did look up VAIA Trading Corp but it didn’t lead me to the source. I also spoke to the VC dealer in the US sometime ago, before he retired, but no lead either.

If you know of a source where I can get the replacement part or the base I would appreciate it.

IMG_7766.jpeg

IMG_7765.jpeg

Have you got a photo of the rifle where the mount attaches?
The Doctor/Noblex footprint is the same as for some Burris Fastfire and a few others. There are a few manufactures in the USA and Europe who make QD red dot mounts to suit the sight. The issue is what sort of base has been used on your VC. Maybe email VC France, if its one of theirs, alternatively see if anyone can identify the base/rail.

Thanks for the suggestion. Here is a few additional pictures that might be helpful to ID the base.

IMG_7771.jpeg

IMG_7770.jpeg

IMG_7764.jpeg

If you are looking at replacing the base you will need the spacing across the base may be 21-22 mm. If so it should not be a problem. Try optics planet? There is another source. I have to try and remember name.

I am pretty sure that the base is common weaver.

I will back home in Zimbabwe tomorrow. I have several names of dealers who I believe that stock the mount.

Right now look at:
Optics planet
Euro optic
Hennenberger

Of course its hard to judge from a photo, but that looks like a base designed on either the weaver or picatinny standard. Maybe put a set of calipers across to confirm or just use an old set of rings to see if they match. If so, then simply replace the sight mount with a QD mount for mounting Burris/Doctor/Noblex etc to the rail. EAW, Recknagel etc make them.

Reactions: yhc
Thank you all for pointing me towards the right direction.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RVWClevela

Latest profile posts

EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on MarcoPani's profile.
Happy Birthday, from Grahamstown, South Africa.
I hope your day is great!
Cheers
Marius
EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on Ilkay Taskin's profile.
Happy Birthday from Grahamstown, South Africa! I hope you have a great day!
Cheers, Marius
idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]